two hundred sit-ups

Options
leomom72
leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
has anyone taken the challenge ? did you complete the challenge, and if so, how do you look and feel compared to before you started ? i am really wanting to target my back, sides, and tummy a little, and am hoping it may work..i look forward to your input, and thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i did 150 once randomly without preparing or anything
    well lets just say it wasnt one of my brightest ideas.
  • Hannahrenee86
    Hannahrenee86 Posts: 183
    Options
    I am doing the 200 situps challenge right now. (Monday is week 4 day 1). I was told that it was more of a crunch than a situp.
  • cm40
    cm40 Posts: 30
    Options
    in order to see results you'll need to burn fat first if you're overweight.
    you can workout those abdominal muscles all day long but if you're not burning the fat layer that surrounds the muscles (with cardio and healthy eating) don't expect to see a difference even if you did them everyday for a month.
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    Sadly, you'll never see your abs if they are covered by a layer of fat....I have seen better results from focusing on workouts that really push my core and my cardio--Zumba, kickboxing, some of the Insanity stuff.
  • Satya_Ayurveda
    Satya_Ayurveda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I will be straight up honest with you... you can do 400 or even 4000 and still not see any results. Quality over quantity. Any trainer will tell you this. Once you master the quality of your core work than you can increase the quantity. Sit ups are not always as effective as other core work... try planks instead.
  • olo567
    olo567 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    has anyone taken the challenge ? did you complete the challenge, and if so, how do you look and feel compared to before you started ? i am really wanting to target my back, sides, and tummy a little, and am hoping it may work..i look forward to your input, and thanks in advance :flowerforyou:
    I just completed it, doing over 200 situps. I feel like my abs are much stronger at all times, and they are definitely more solid, but I still have fat to lose in that area.
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You're definitely not going to hurt anything by building core strength...do the challenge!! The rub is that in order to see any change in your body shape, you have to modify your eating. There's a great quote that goes "you can't exercise your way out of a bad diet"
    Meaning: no matter how much you work out...you have to eat right to be fit. And I don't mean "diet" as in cut back...I mean eat right. Clean, healthy food.
    Biggest struggle for me - so I feel ya.
    Do the sit ups - build strength, muscle, confidence, momentum!!
    Good luck and keep at it!!