bra size!

Options
Just curious to know from ladies who have lost alot of weight. Does you cup size go down or stay the same after losing so much weight?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Mine has gone down from c to b.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Band size went down, but the cup size stayed the same (so my boobs did technically get smaller, but stayed in the same proportion to the rest of my body as before).
  • lucylouhunter84
    lucylouhunter84 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've gone down a back size and 2 cup sizes fro DD to a C. To say my hubby is gutted is an understatement haha!
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Mine went down both band and cup. Not sure what the new band size is but pretty sure I've gone from a C to an A with almost 50 lbs lost. I say pretty sure as I really, really, REALLY need to get some new bras.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I've dropped from a JJ to a FF.

Also, standard alert that a lot of women are wearing the wrong bra size. :D I highly recommend the fit calculator and associated breast information at http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits

It seriously changes basically everything.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    My cup size seems to stay around the H to J range, depending on the maker, but my band size keeps going down. Which is both "yay" and "dammitIdon'thave100$tospendonanotherfekkinbra".
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Bra cup sizes are actually proportional to band size. So as your ribcage gets smaller, your cup size may change because it changes the proportion.

Like a 36D is not like a 38D. It's like a 38C or a 34DD. (As band size goes up 1, cup size goes down 1, and vice versa.)

That's just a starting point. You may not lose proportionally, so you could go down in band size but not change cup size. But if you do, know that it isn't like you "used to be a D" and now you "are a C" as if you've met a terrible fate. The way we typically talk about cup sizes as though they are static and indicative of actual breast size is basically just wrong.

Some people do lose a lot from their breasts. I don't. When I'm small, I still have proportionally large breasts. But the size of my bra will still change a lot. So whether you personally will lose a lot there will be down to genetics. Just don't use bra size to decide whether you're happy with those changes or not!
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    From 38E to 30D, with 65lbs lost on my 5'2" bod. I actually prefer it - I have a neat torso, the girls don't get in the way, and I can wear different styles of tops. Plus, unless I'm running, I can just wear a tight top when I'm working out. Bought my first bikini in years.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    My band and cup size went down, but it's still proportionate to my body.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I go down in band size. Don't lose much in the cups.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I went down in the band, 34 to a 28. Tiny bit in the cup. Just enough to be in-between cups, not enough that I can actually drop a size.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Bra cup sizes are actually proportional to band size. So as your ribcage gets smaller, your cup size may change because it changes the proportion.

Like a 36D is not like a 38D. It's like a 38C or a 34DD. (As band size goes up 1, cup size goes down 1, and vice versa.)

That's just a starting point. You may not lose proportionally, so you could go down in band size but not change cup size. But if you do, know that it isn't like you "used to be a D" and now you "are a C" as if you've met a terrible fate. The way we typically talk about cup sizes as though they are static and indicative of actual breast size is basically just wrong.

Some people do lose a lot from their breasts. I don't. When I'm small, I still have proportionally large breasts. But the size of my bra will still change a lot. So whether you personally will lose a lot there will be down to genetics. Just don't use bra size to decide whether you're happy with those changes or not!

YES. I get so tired of actual owners-of-breasts not knowing how bra sizes work!

And, actually, I really recommend good bra fittings (NOT Victorias Secret. They don't know anything about proper sizing!) at milestones along the way of your weight loss. You would not believe how much more trim and fit you can look just by getting a properly sized bra. If you don't have a dedicated "foundations" store near you (look for the lady with the cat eye glasses and the measuring tape around her neck. She likely knows what's what.) I definitely recommend herroom.com and using their bra sizing guide.

My own measurements are so wonky, I had to do my fitting on a live chat with a customer service rep, LOL. But, I've never been so comfortable or well supported in my life! If only my size were made by more than 2 makers. Sigh.

Of course, even bra experts slide into the using-cup-sizes as breast sizes fallacy. I am chair of the IBTC, but need to shop in the "full figure" section because I'm a DD. A 28DD (like a 34 B in boobage, only with a pencil-sized torso)
  • 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30lbs and have gone from a 42DD to a 40DDD. I never lose a lot in that area. Just typically in the band size.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Deleted due to my inability to math effectively.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options

Actual perfect post.

(I've even learned that recently and still did that in my post!)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    90 pounds lost, still a DDD.

I did go down one band size. I suspect that I need to be re-measured and that my cup size might go up when that happens.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just curious to know from ladies who have lost alot of weight. Does you cup size go down or stay the same after losing so much weight?

Thanks in advance

Mine has gone up. My band size has gone down but I don't seem to be losing much in the girls themselves so the cup size is going up. i wish I could lose there, it is getting hard to find bras that fit.

(Started at a 50F and currently wear a 44I )

• gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    STS. I don't tend to lose weight from that area....
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    gramarye wrote: »

Also, standard alert that a lot of women are wearing the wrong bra size. :D I highly recommend the fit calculator and associated breast information at http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits

It seriously changes basically everything.

Hi five! That particular reddit changed my life. It should be required reading in high school with mandatory revision every few years or so :)
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I started at a 42DD and am now a 38F.