HCG

Options
has anybody try this ? How does it work and does it work ??

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    The only thing that's gonna work is a calorie deficit, which you can do without getting injections of pregnant pig hormones.
  • persiaestefany
    Options
    I'm already doing that and it has been working perfectly just been hearing a lot about and wanted to know what it consist off .
  • Strange_magic
    Strange_magic Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    It's crap stay away from it.
  • CaeliGirl11
    CaeliGirl11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The only thing that's gonna work is a calorie deficit, which you can do without getting injections of pregnant pig hormones.

And the HCG diet makes you cut your calories by so much that you are essentially starving yourself and that is how it works. HCG really has nothing to do with it but wasting your money.

Log your food, eat at a deficit and you will see a weight change. That simple.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Messing with your body's pituitary hormones when you don't have an illness is deeply stupid.

NO NO NO
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It's a joke. My mom did it and her diet was so restricted she ended up getting sick so my advice....STAY AWAY!
  • overin2015
    overin2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If I am correct it is a very lean diet of 500 calories while taking the injections. (May be pill form now). Friend did it and lost a lot of weight but gained it back. Who wouldn't lose weight on 500 calories a day for a short period of time?! Personally I wouldn't want to mess around with hormones. This is simplified of course because I am giving you 3rd hand information. Seems risky IMHO.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Is HCG still a thing? I think that got pulled off the market?

Seriously. Eat a deficient. Move more. No magic cures. Just do it.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Destroys your metabolism. You gain all of the weight back and then some. You suffer, you struggle and you are miserable. It has many health risks and can cause many maladies. Cut your calories, exercise a little and do it the long, happy and healthy way. Don't waste your time.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    has anybody try this ? How does it work and does it work ??

It "works" in the sense that it is dramatically reducing your calories to 500 a day. That would make anyone lose weight.

HCG is a complete scam. And, per the FDA, it has been banned from use as a weight loss aid. So I don't know what you're taking, but it isn't HCG.

You are starving yourself. Adjust your expectations, eat at a reasonable deficit, incorporate some exercise, prosper.
  • persiaestefany
    Options
    overin2015 wrote: »
    If I am correct it is a very lean diet of 500 calories while taking the injections. (May be pill form now). Friend did it and lost a lot of weight but gained it back. Who wouldn't lose weight on 500 calories a day for a short period of time?! Personally I wouldn't want to mess around with hormones. This is simplified of course because I am giving you 3rd hand information. Seems risky IMHO.
    Thank you for answering lol you were the only one to actually answer . And yikes I could never . My 1200 calorie diet has been working just FINE . Once again thanks !!
  • allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It is definitely not healthy...I did it and lost 1lb per day, after 30 days it was a quick 30lbs but I swear that stuff makes you fertile because 2 weeks after I finished I got pregnant, as well as a couple friends. It is definitely not worth the pain of 500 calories/day. Here I am, eating 1600-2000 calories per day and have lost the same amount (27lbs) in 3 months. It may seems like a quick fix but it is not sustainable. Don't bother!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I thought it was a verboten topic here?
  • persiaestefany
    Options
    It is definitely not healthy...I did it and lost 1lb per day, after 30 days it was a quick 30lbs but I swear that stuff makes you fertile because 2 weeks after I finished I got pregnant, as well as a couple friends. It is definitely not worth the pain of 500 calories/day. Here I am, eating 1600-2000 calories per day and have lost the same amount (27lbs) in 3 months. It may seems like a quick fix but it is not sustainable. Don't bother!

Thank you !! Yes I've lost about that amount in 3 months doing a 1200 diet I just wanted to know what all the hype was about I can't imagine only eating 500 calories that's crazy !!
  • persiaestefany
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    I thought it was a no-no topic here?

Oppsss lol this is my first time posting it was just a question I'm NOT doing this just wanted to know what it consisted of .
    50452 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    I thought it was a no-no topic here?

Really? Like in the community guidelines no-no?

I wouldn't do it, but I like to read about other's experiences.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Dear posters,

I'm writing to let you know that our Community Guidelines ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines ) prohibit the creation of any forum posts, groups, or posts in groups that encourage the use of Very Low Calorie diets (including, but not limited to, VLCDs that use the HCG protocol).

MyFitnessPal has always promoted a healthy, sustainable, and gradual path to weight loss. But HCG products are typically promoted in connection with a very low calorie diet, usually one that limits calories to 500 per day. Research has demonstrated that calorie intake at these levels can lead to increased risk of gallstones, hair loss, constipation, an irregular heartbeat, and many other dangerous side-effects.

Moreover, numerous medical studies have shown that the results of HCG-use in combination with a very low calorie diet are indistinguishable from the results of the low calorie diet alone. In light of this research, the FDA has required the labeling and advertising of HCG products to state:

“HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity. There is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or “normal” distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets.”

Our guidelines prohibit any use of Groups or the Public Forums to support the use of HCG.

Regards,
    Adam, MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.