Alternative to potato chips

Options

Replies

• alyssaperry
    Options
    Popcorn unsalted and no butter...otherwise a small portion of almonds...
  • sherrileern
    Options
    I like Crispeez, and also veggie straws, both are very tasty and satisfying. Oh and Cape Cod potato chips come in 40% less fat :smile:
  • aross999
    aross999 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Pop chips are great. Also, Stacy's Pita Chips satisfy that salty/crunchy craving for me and are excellent with hummus!
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Oh, I do really like the Baked Lays too.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Lays light potato chips are only 70 calories for a personal bag

that's what I eat! love 'em!
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Pop chips.. had some today! 1 serving varies from 19-22 chips and is 110 calories (trader joes brand). I'm also on the small bag of popcorn team. :)

Now... how bout tortilla chips that I can eat salsa with?! Anyone? And no, I don't plan on only eating 20 of them if it happens. Oh my beloved chips and salsa... why must you be so tempting!?
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Bear in mind that replacing them with "light" and "low fat" alternatives is also going to up your sugar or artificial sweetener and other chemical nasties - they have to make them taste good with something! Crisps/chips are my absolute weakness - I can't have them in the house - "moderation" just doesn't work in this case for me. If I need salty and crunchy I have a weighed out portion of almonds or pistachios and if I just want crunch I have carrots and hummous. When I have a cheat day I tend to get full fat tortilla chips - I find they have fewer weird ingredients in them for some reason....
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Special K Cracker chips, Pop Chips, Vegetable baked chips, or raw baby carrots. :smile:

agreed. Pop chips or airpopped popcorn Yum. (except I still have a big weakness to salt and vinegar chips)
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Homemade Kale Chips. Definitely :smile:
  • rsteinbrenner
    rsteinbrenner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There are a line of baked chips from the guiltless gourmet that are not bad. Here is the link;

http://www.guiltlessgourmet.com/
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    kale chips, pork rinds, sweet potato chips-- all homemade of course (homemade is always better for you than packaged stuff!)

Yes, I was going to suggest the same things and make them home made!!

So many processed foods listed here that it makes my head spin..............
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    special K Cracker Chips are really good...also veggie straws are fantastic...they are in the chip aisle at walmart
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    The 100 calorie snacks.rice cakes,popcorn
  • darkangel45422
    darkangel45422 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Try Veggie Chips. The brand I use (can't remember the name) gives 56 chips per serving at only 110 calories! AND it's all natural ingredients (vegetables, oil, etc).
  • lorishultis
    lorishultis Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like the special k crisps - they are kind of a like munchos... Also Jensen Orchard Veggie Chips are REALLY REALLY good too, I get mine at sams club....
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Homemade Kale Chips. Definitely :smile:

I agree! I'll also agree with the consensus and suggest almonds... they'll help curb your appetite.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I found Flat Out baked flatbread crisps at Kroger today! Garlic Herb flavor. Very yummy! Tastes sort of like a crouton!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Skinny Sticks in Salt n' Vinegar or Maui Wowie YUM!

What are these and where can I find them??? I love Salt and Vinegar chips and had to give them up.
  • StormChaser217
    StormChaser217 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Special K chips are very yummy I eat them a lot .
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Popcorn.. not the chemically laden bags, real pop it yourself popcorn kernels in a bit of olive oil with a lil' sea salt or nutritional yeast sprinkled on at the end.