Looking for encouraging friends!

Options
Hi! Im looking to get back in shape and to lose about 30 lbs. I have Grave's Disease which caused my metabolism to be extremely fast. I had to have my thyroid removed so now my my metabolism is slow causing the lbs easiliy pile on. Im trying to learn how to reprogram my body. I used to have to over eat to keep up with my metabolism. Its a big change. If anyone has any good advice about people with no Thyroid please send suggestions. Please be kind and add me. Good luck to you all!

Replies

• aksteve777
    aksteve777 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have thyroid damage from a brain injury and put 100 pounds on but lost it via diet and exercise. I'm low carb but not a zealot as our culture is food events and travel so hard to find low carb menu. I don't know anything but my opinion but I will do what I can :)
  • Amml55
    Amml55 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have health issues as well and I'm taking quite a few meds. Prednisone is not my friend. That's for sure. My weight keeps going up and my energy is going down. I'm trying to get off this roller-coaster today!!
  • oliviabasham
    oliviabasham Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there, former suffer of Grave's here. Had an ablation nearly three years ago and spent far too long unmediated, then another long stretch under-medicated. You CAN lose weight, but you need discipline and you HAVE to walk. Walking is the single greatest thing to reset your metabolism. I lost 46 pounds in 6 months (then gain most of it back due to another autoimmune condition). Don't lose hope.
  • Mountaingirl33
    Mountaingirl33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I have hashimotos thyroiditis and am having success measuring food and restricting calories. Feel free to add me!
  • sabrinafedwards
    Options
    I appreciate the encouragement. I definetly have had to learn portion control, diet and excercise. Seems like I an starving myself tho. The pounds seem to be resisting. I have started with strength training. I feel since the pounds wont go away, maybe I can make ut muscle. We will see! Thanks all! Xoxo
  • becca0089
    becca0089 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Im going through a similar issue with my thyroid and seem to have finally found some success.
    I had a partial thyroidectomy about 2 months ago, and before I had a great metabolism like you. I've always worked out and eaten well. But recently I had to eat a very clean diet, low carb/sugar/fat and high protein diet with regular exercise. I'm doing strength training in the gym with cardio daily also. It is the slowest weight loss i have ever had, but it's there!!!

Don't loss hope, you will get there- just a different way then you did before :)

-B
  • byronrobinson20
    Options
    Nothin to it but to do it!!
  • sabrinafedwards
    Options
    I appreciate you all! Yes its a bug adjustment when your used to eating as much and whatever you like. The struggle is real, but im doing it!!
  • FitMama2Three
    FitMama2Three Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Also have Hashimotos- was diagnosed months ago but finally taking charge of my health. Was in denial about it for awhile. I'm doing herbs/acupuncture, synthroid and limiting sugar/grain.