What low cal snack foods do you eat?

Options
I work long shifts, sometimes 12 hour ones >.< and most of the time its all walking (don't get me wrong, its awesome that I can stay active at work!) BUT with all that walking I need to eat consistently >.< otherwise I get that annoying ruble in my tummy >.<

Soooo, what are some good low cal FILLING snacks that I could bring?

Thanks in advance guys!

Replies

• hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    Fruit. i always eat a banana or grapes. A little high cal I guess, but since you are walking I guess you will burn some too. I eat rice cakes, but know not everyone likes them. Carrots are another go to for me.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I love the 100 calorie cocoa roasted dark chocolate almonds from Emerald. They also came out with peanut butter chocolate ones that are to die for!
    I also like mini babybel light cheese, baby carrots, celery with low fat peanut butter.
  • butterflykisses9
    Options
    pickles!!!!
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hummus! Lots of protein and will keep you full. Have some baby carrots, sugar snap peas, or other veggies with it.
  • vwluvbug06
    vwluvbug06 Posts: 2
    Options
    it might not necessarily be a "snack", however, i work as a nurse and am running around non-stop at work as well, and for that reason i am a huge fan of the instant oatmeal. I like the maple and brown sugar. Depending on the brand, one packet is 100-160 cals. I have one packet a few hours into my shift and it is filling and gives me a good burst of energy! Not to mention it is quick and easy!
  • Sandy642
    Sandy642 Posts: 5
    Options
    I too sometimes work long hours and am on my feet constantly! What I find helpful is celery with peanut butter for the extra protein. Peanuts is also a favorite! It's easy to grab a few and eat while your walking to your destination :)
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs
  • lvigue
    lvigue Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Granola bars, oranges and apples, pretzels, yogurt. All 100 cals or less and fills you up for another two hours or so. With a light breakfast, lunch and regular dinner, you won't be breaking your daily limit with all 4 snacks.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I eat low carb, so my reply probably won't be something you'll use, but I eat something with protein and some fat and no sugar whatsoever. Pork rinds are my number one. I also take salami, pepperoni, and a little bit of cheese with me to work sometimes.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I love baby carrots in bolthouse farms yogurt dressing, ranch. Yum! Yum! The hummus and veggies is a good idea someone mentioned.

Almonds are easy to eat. And actually keep hunger away, but they are kinda high cal (but only if you eat too many). Super quick and easy!
  • thetigerzeye
    thetigerzeye Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome thank you!!! ^_^
  • Inittowinit11
    Options
    Hi! :) I have a somewhat similar situation. I usually go to bed extremely late, I'm talking between 3:30am and 7am and because of this I tend to get hungry, therefore I snack a lot! Here are some of my favoirte snacks:

Mardarins/cuties - 40 calories ea
    100 calorie snacks - you can get these at any grocery store
    Trail mix - be careful with this though because though peanuts are good for you, they are very high in fat and sodium
    Cereal bars - Kroger brand are good (or any other brand). They're about 130 - 140 calories per serving.
    Fiber One/Plus bars - these are about 140 calories as well.
    Sugar free Mousse - these are one of my new favorites and it's only 60 calories. Jello Temptation is good also, but 170 - 190 calories
    Apples, carrots, raisins - these are always good!
    Twislers - I don't eat much candy, but I've heard that's these are pretty low cal.
    Jolly Ranchers Pop sickle - these are really good and only 45 calories. They also have another kind that's only 15 calories.
    Pickles - I really like pickles alot, espeically sense they have like 0 calories. However, I do try to avoid them because of sodium. I'm not trying to step on toes (because someone suggested this to you earlier), but sodium retains water and is a huge negative when trying to lose weight. So, don't snack on too many of these - though it's tempting, lol.

Keep up the good work!
  • moremari
    moremari Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love the 100 calorie cocoa roasted dark chocolate almonds from Emerald. They also came out with peanut butter chocolate ones that are to die for!
    I also like mini babybel light cheese, baby carrots, celery with low fat peanut butter.

I ditto that! Also, check out my food diary- i' m a snack-aholic.
  • moremari
    moremari Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for more snacks too, thank you!!!
    Hi! :) I have a somewhat similar situation. I usually go to bed extremely late, I'm talking between 3:30am and 7am and because of this I tend to get hungry, therefore I snack a lot! Here are some of my favoirte snacks:

Mardarins/cuties - 40 calories ea
    100 calorie snacks - you can get these at any grocery store
    Trail mix - be careful with this though because though peanuts are good for you, they are very high in fat and sodium
    Cereal bars - Kroger brand are good (or any other brand). They're about 130 - 140 calories per serving.
    Fiber One/Plus bars - these are about 140 calories as well.
    Sugar free Mousse - these are one of my new favorites and it's only 60 calories. Jello Temptation is good also, but 170 - 190 calories
    Apples, carrots, raisins - these are always good!
    Twislers - I don't eat much candy, but I've heard that's these are pretty low cal.
    Jolly Ranchers Pop sickle - these are really good and only 45 calories. They also have another kind that's only 15 calories.
    Pickles - I really like pickles alot, espeically sense they have like 0 calories. However, I do try to avoid them because of sodium. I'm not trying to step on toes (because someone suggested this to you earlier), but sodium retains water and is a huge negative when trying to lose weight. So, don't snack on too many of these - though it's tempting, lol.

Keep up the good work!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Granola bars, oranges and apples, pretzels, yogurt. All 100 cals or less and fills you up for another two hours or so. With a light breakfast, lunch and regular dinner, you won't be breaking your daily limit with all 4 snacks.

This sounds like most of my days!
  • amberlilies
    amberlilies Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i'm big on fruit too--always have my apple on hand--but i also like carrot sticks with hummus or sliced cucumbers with skinny cow cheese to make little faux cheese & crackers.