Sweet treats??

Options
lydiaCC904
lydiaCC904 Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2015 in Recipes
I'm really struggling at the minute to kick the sweets eating habit!! Sweets are my favorite and I allow my self to eat them on treat day but this past month I'm eating sweets allllll the time and I can see the effects it's having on my weight loss progress

Replies

• kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
  • yarnaholicamy
    yarnaholicamy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The frozen banana ice cream looks amazing! Thanks for the suggestion. I can't wait to try this out, and it is a great way to use up ripe bananas before I can use them or figure out what to do with them.
  • Moter98
    Moter98 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero ice cream and Combat Crunch Protein Bars, I am a total sweets person. Quest Cravings Peanut Butter cups are awesome too. I make my own version of a DQ Blizzard by blending some vanilla maple arctic zero with unsweetened almond milk, then adding crushed Quest Cravings to it. It's amazing. The choc cookie Combat Bars taste like the 100 Grand candy bar to me, they are awesome.
  • NCDJ2013
    NCDJ2013 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Thank you so much! This sounds amazing.
  • krisalexine
    krisalexine Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time hitting my protein macros without getting too full from food, so I drink protein shakes to get to my daily minimum.

Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl protein powder is the BEST THING EVER. It tastes like Cinnamon Toast Crunch! If you're looking to increase your protein intake AND curb your sweet cravings, definitely look into this!

***ONLY drink protein powder shakes as a SUPPLEMENT... they are in no way nutritionally balanced to replace a meal***
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Ice-cream and donuts are my craves.
    I'm able to fit them both in a couple of times a week.

Make them work if that's what you like.
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I like Fiber One chocolate chip brownies. Only 90 calories, but strong in fiber. I don't feel quite so guilty.
  • madmaddox719
    madmaddox719 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    A user shared this with me a will ago! Very nice! I will try to find some others they shared

Banana oat cookies! 2 bananas 1 cup of oats and semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips. Put them in the oven for 15 minutes at 350. They're great and a much better alternative to most sweets. I cut the recipe in half and eat them for my afternoon snack. :)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    On the banana ice cream thing - You can do that with any frozen fruit! I love blending frozen berries to create a sort of sorbet. Also, I find that frozen banana slices are amazing on their own! They have that sort of chewy texture that really, really frozen ice cream gets.

Something else I like are meringue nests (51 calories each) with a dollop of greek yogurt and some berries. :)
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I just blended half a frozen banana (55g) and 50g blueberries in with my chocolate protein powder and water...it's thick and luscious and is like a shake. I don't always add a lot of fruit, but I wanted a treat :)

I stay away from refined sugars during the day and actually stay away from it as much as possible, because, when I eat them, I eat more of them, and then more. Fruit is more satisfying for me and doesn't affect me the same way.
  • mjen4064
    mjen4064 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and these really help me...I take 3tbls of chocolate chip and 3/4 tbls of reduced fat peanut butter and melt it in a bowl in the microwave. once melted I add a cup of fiber one orginal cereal and mix well till cereal is coated. Then i take a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and divide the mixture up to make 6 cookies. I put the cookie sheet in the fridge for 5 minutes till cookies harden , then place them in a container in the fridge and when I want something sweet I grab one. they are so good and about 40 calories each.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Many of the suggestions here can have more calories than ice cream. I try to work it in to my calories, weigh out a single s we rving, and put the rest back. I also tend to go for full flavor, rich varieties which leave me satisfied after a single serving.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I like ice cream sandwiches. It's easier portion control for me, because I'm perfectly happy eating one sandwich, but if I scoop the same amount of calories into a cup (or worse, a bowl) it looks puny and sad.

But for the most part, I get my sweet fix from fresh fruit and chocolate milk.
  • ashleymcn01
    ashleymcn01 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers has a box of bite size dark chocolates for only 120 calories per pouch. Each pouch has 4 pieces of chocolate, but it's super rich. Will cure any chocolate craving! Oh, and there are no sugars included on the nutrition label. Bonus!