Derailed!!! Get me over the guilt...

Options
Aaack! I've been MFPing since 3/1. I'm 5'2", and I've lost 15 pounds so far. Initially MFP told me to limit myself to 1080 calories per day for a 2 lb/week loss. That scared me bc I knew that wasn't sustainable, so I upped it to 1200. I've been doing well, only marginally over 2x and under quite a few more... I was so hungry today! It's 5:30 and I'm already at 1200 calories. Bummer.

I'm doing my first 5k tomorrow... But don't want to count on those calories for today, because I planned on celebrating tomorrow by eating a sandwich on a kaiser roll. (Man, celebrations are different now!)

I can probably skip dinner and all other eating tonight, but I'd like dinner... What to do?!?!

Replies

• kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Popcorn. It's a good bet to get you over the hunger and not break the bank on calories. Make some then maybe take a walk this evening before bed and you should be even.
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I like Skinny Pop. I can do that... Thanks!
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm not sure where the guilt comes in?? I eat at my maintenance once or twice a week. Never had an issue with gaining all my weight back. What's important is that your diet is sustainable and that you're doing it consistently. if you got those two things down, there shouldn't be any guilt. If you don't have those two things down, then you're doing it wrong.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    If you're doing your first 5 k you don't want to starve yourself tonight. Eat a nice carby dinner, and go back to eating within your diet calories tomorrow after your run. Giving yourself a night off the diet every now and again is good for the soul and helps you stick to the diet in the long run.
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If you're doing your first 5 k you don't want to starve yourself tonight. Eat a nice carby dinner, and go back to eating within your diet calories tomorrow after your run. Giving yourself a night off the diet every now and again is good for the soul and helps you stick to the diet in the long run.

+1 I'm guessing you will want to give it your all tomorrow and the best way you can help that is to give your body the fuel it needs. Everyone has off days. That's life. Just enjoy your first run and celebrate the achievement and then move on. Good luck for tomorrow
  • Jmgkamp
    Options
    I'm doing pretty well, not dieting, just smart eating. But tonight I'm going to go over by a few hundred. No way around it - and it's okay. I think I just needed to hear "chill out, you'll live" - which you all said, so thanks.
  • judithlyn
    judithlyn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    5k eh? You're brave! I too am 5'2" and have been MFP-ing for 51 days. I lost 10 pounds altogether (this is my third go-round on here). My profile says I've lost three but I neglected to update the fact that I put ten on since I quit MFP over a year ago. Stress and emotional eating is a killer.
    I have myself a 1200 cal a day too and I find I'm hungry as well. Hard to lose weight in your forties
  • Jmgkamp
    Options
    I've got a looong road ahead. 75 more pounds. I'll get there.
  • Jmgkamp
    Options
    I'm 42. But for some reason it's been smooth sailing for me. I probably just cursed the heck out of myself :smile: