Exercise motivation

Options
Im desperate to be slim but obviously not desperate enough as I can never drag myself off the sofa to do exercise.
I need some motivation!

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    you don't have to be motivated to exercise, you just have to do it.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    You don't need exercise...

... a calorie deficit is what causes weightloss.

Exercise is for being awesome.
  • johnfraser95
    johnfraser95 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Get it!!!
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    The best thing is to find an exercise or sport that you truly enjoy and want to do regardless of weight loss. Walking, running, swimming, golf, tennis, roller derby--tried any of these yet?
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the sofa.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Motivation comes from you really. Make a lost of all the advantages that gaining your goal will give you and then link that in your head with the exercise. There are , mental,health, visual, social and weight loss benefits. Above is a good suggestion of fining soemthing you enjoy but any movement is good like walking. Ratehr than think of it as a punsihment look at it as helping you get slim, your diet will be more effective with consistent exercise toherwise you are relying entirely on eating less. I prefer food.

It gets easier and although you might not learn to love it, you will feel better for it.

Its up to you do or do not .
  • monkey246
    monkey246 Posts: 30 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Get rid of the sofa.
    Love this idea!
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Once you get off the couch and get going, (and it might take a week or so) you will feel so incredible you will want to keep exercising and on the days you don't you'll wish you would have!!!! You'll not only feel better, you'll sleep better and have more energy!!! I was once a couch potato and unmotivated to exercise....
  • monkey246
    Options
    Thanks everyone, all advice is welcome.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Watch all of the Rocky films back to back (You can skip Rocky V though if you want because it's shyte). The problem is that by the time the end credits roll on the last Rocky film it will be time for bed and no exercise will have been achieved. You will dream like a champion though.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    You look like you enjoy life....go find a cutie-patootie and go do some outdoor activity, even learning to water ski or hiking w/a cutie can be fun. All depends on how you look at it!
  • monkey246
    Options
    If I replicate him during watching - I'll exercise and the same time!
  • monkey246
    Options
    You look like you enjoy life....go find a cutie-patootie and go do some outdoor activity, even learning to water ski or hiking w/a cutie can be fun. All depends on how you look at it!
    Two birds with one stone here! Love that idea. Need to find myself a 'cutie-patootie' :D
  • slideaway1
    Options
    Can you use the Pyramid in you back garden to run up in your picture?
  • monkey246
    Options
    Ha. If only Chichen Itza was in my back garden (and it wasn't forbidden to run up).
  • slideaway1
    Options
    monkey246 wrote: »
    Ha. If only Chichen Itza was in my back garden (and it wasn't forbidden to run up).

Yeah, I believe that Mayan people used to sacrifice anybody they caught jogging up it.

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    Watch all of the Rocky films back to back (You can skip Rocky V though if you want because it's shyte). The problem is that by the time the end credits roll on the last Rocky film it will be time for bed and no exercise will have been achieved. You will dream like a champion though.

This is a link to 15 minutes of training scenes from all the Rocky movies. Watch this and go nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj0jzepk0WA