Mexican food will be the death of me!

Options
Had a great result on the scale this morning ... then my daughter wanted Mexican for lunch. Went to Jose Peppers and *could have* had the chicken tortilla salad, which I love. But no, had the Monterey chicken burrito platter instead and ate most of it. So after lunch, I'm already over my calorie limit for the day and have something in the crockpot for dinner. Disappointed in myself for sure.

I think I will have to limit the Mexican food to once every 2 weeks at most ... it just throws me way off track for the day.

Replies

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I love Mexican food as well. I think its all the salt in the Mexican food that makes me feel bloated after I eat it.
  • dragon_sla
    dragon_sla Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Love Mexican. You can do what I do. Have one cheat day a week. Hopefully I stay under my calorie limit but don't get unset if go over. Just eat in moderation. This help any cravings I have.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It happens. Try not to be hard on yourself about these things. Remember that your limit is already set to a deficit. You are still eating less now than you would be otherwise.
  • AlexisMichele93
    AlexisMichele93 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am the exact same way! I weighed this morning, down 5 pounds in 2 weeks and so happy about it. I've been sticking to my limit of 1600 +/- 200 calories and then working out. But then I drove home from college and my mom had bought me my favorite food from our local Mexican place. Not even sure what the calories are but I am definitely over my limit for the day. All I can do is do better tomorrow and maybe work out a little more! I will try to do the same as you, go from at least eating it 2x a week to only once in 2 weeks. Or maybe finding lower calorie alternative recipes online. Good luck I am sure you will do great and continue on your path to success, this is just a little bump in the road. :)