Ever feel like you have to work really hard to lose weight?

jmgj27
jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
edited September 27 in Motivation and Support
I seem to hear from a lot of people that they've just 'cut out biscuits' or 'taken up walking'. I run 50 - 60kms a week, do a bunch of other exercise and keep my net calories down to 1200 - 1500 calories and although I've lost a bunch of weight, I certainly won't lose anything without that much effort. Sigh. When I took up walking a couple of years ago, I walked miles every day and lost half a stone over a year. Don't get me wrong - I actually love to exercise, I just wish I could look at my diet and cut out 100 cals a day and see it result in 10 or 20lbs loss over two or three months, which is what others seem to claim. What do you think?

Replies

• TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    If it was easy, everyone would be skinny!! It's probably the hardest thing I've ever done.
  • AliCat2705
    AliCat2705 Posts: 22
    I dont understand it at all but i totally get it! I am the same way. If I am not constantly working my butt off and watching everything I put in my mouth then im screwed! I hate it
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Lots of peole say things like that and I'm just not sure I buy it. You have to play around with it and try different things. Eating healthier is key may need to up your calories or lower them. For me it's been a quality issue vs a quantity problem. As I fix the quality of my food (eating more whole food less processed etc) I've seen better results than just cutting one thing out or cutting a 100 cals etc, good luck!!
  • suzukigurl
    suzukigurl Posts: 90
    my trainer likes to use the term "MUSCLE CONFUSION". He says if you do repetative workouts you will see a change but after a while your body gets used to it, so my advice is to change up your workout
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    I'm with you! When I read about someone who "walked off 100 lbs!" I can't believe it! I have to run, kickbox and weight train to lose or even maintain!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I am right beside you. The only times the weight has ever just "slipped off" is when I have had time to exercise an average of two hours a day. That just isn't a sustainable lifestyle!

So, I eat healthy, I workout a minimum of 30 minutes a day and I go one with life. And every once in awhile, I look wistfully at clothes that may well never fit me, but mostly, I recognize that I have more energy than I did six months ago.
This discussion has been closed.