How much calories do I burn on the gym?

Options
VictorPonce
VictorPonce Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
in the app you can't track how many calories you burn while in the gym just how much you burn doing cardio why is this ? Does the feature that tells you to state if you are active or very active you fill at the begging of singing up has something to do with it?

Replies

• nesian_twin
    nesian_twin Posts: 198
    Options
    ask MFP
  • VictorPonce
    Options
    ask MFP

Mfp?
  • nesian_twin
    nesian_twin Posts: 198
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My Fitness Pal - actually this might help you and then you can add in the exercise and calorie details to the MFP database
    - http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=you_asked_how_many_calories_does_strength_training_burn
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You can log strength training under cardio...but most accept that weight training doesn't burn much so most don't log much for it
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    The activity levels are based on your life excluding exercise

Unless you are a manual labourer or professional sportsperson you will probably not be highly active
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    when i am on the gym i dont burn much over my bmr, but then im usually napping!
  • mccanns725
    mccanns725 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My fitness pal says it is too hard to calculate. I know when I do a TRX class I am burning major calories but I just put them in my mental piggy bank for those days I go over my calorie count. What matters most is results: the scale, the fit feeling and the mirror!
  • VictorPonce
    Options
    Thanks to all the people who responded
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    you have to create a custom exercise. google how many calories burned per hour of weight lifting for someone of your size. mine is 300 something per hour.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    who is gym, and how do I burn calories on him? ewww. . . .yuck.
  • tiffanyaiv
    tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any idea how accurate the mfp estimates are compared to what is accurate? :smile:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    For someone very fit and working very hard, the MFP numbers aren't too bad.

For everyone else, you're generally better of not logging them at all.