HRM woahh

Options
Okay so i was kinda sick most of the week.. mostly allergies and a cold but i didn't end up working out since i was coughing and sneezing like crazy no matter what cold or allergy medicine i took.. ( i live in the central valley in california.. this time of year is just a mess lol)

Anyways a storm is coming in and it settled down the pollen so i was feeling better so i decided to be adventurous and do the 3rd level of Jillian Micheals 30 day shred..

Well according to my HRM I burned 416 calories in 24 minutes!!

Even taking off my regular calorie burn its still 385 calories.. Anyone else think this is crazy?? i mean i'm eating it back because i'm at a net of 1200 every day right now so if i dont my net will be at like 815 and that'd be bad..

But does anyone else get some crazy numbers from their HRM?? Normally its pretty reasonable and this was the first time on the higher level and i hadn't been working out this week so yeah.. just looking for others experiences.

Replies

• soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am burning more on the hrm than the mfp database as well. Eat em up I say!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    If the exercise is new to you and your heart rate was really high, then yeah, that sounds right. Make sure your height and weight is set correctly on your HRM.
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    Doesn't sound crazy to me. I had to take a week off from working out once because of the flu. My first day back to running and my heart rate was really high. It didn't take much for the body to get de-conditioned. It took two more running days for my heart rate to get back down to where it normally is when I do my runs.
  • LauraLLee
    LauraLLee Posts: 210
    Options
    I just started using a hrm with chest strap and my numbers are through the roof...I am generally inactive but I ll tell you this makes me want to move just to see what the hrm will say.
  • shellybeelee
    Options
    Thanks for the quick responses. and yeah its all set right on the HRM so i'll go with what it says. Good to know i'm not the only one though, and hey i dont mind some high burn workouts for a while lol. It'll be good when they go down because i'll know i'm more in shape, but a few extra snacks for now is awesome too lol