Weekend Breakfast Suggestions?

Options
Machka9
Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
I'm on a mission to lose some weight. Not a huge amount ... but I've slowly but surely crept up out of the "normal" range into the "overweight" range and I want to return to the "normal" range.

So I've been faithfully logging everything I eat on MyFitnessPal, and also logging my exercise. And I have been keeping my net calories under 1220 every single day. The result ... over the past 33 days I've lost a little over 5 kg. :) I've still got a little way to go, but that's a promising start. :)

I do, however, miss Saturday morning breakfasts!! I used to slather a couple pieces of toast with nutella and honey. Yum Yum!!

I guess I'm trying to find a good replacement for that. The toast and low-fat cheese this morning just didn't quite cut it.

Any yummy weekend breakfast suggestions that are also low cal?

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Frittata

Greek yogurt with pb mixed in and a banana
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Almond butter with honey or jelly on toast is wonderful and perhaps fewer calories than nutella since it doesn't have sugar......you could also save calories by changing the type of bread you use
  • kaylalewis2323
    kaylalewis2323 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with fruit :)
  • nesian_twin
    nesian_twin Posts: 198
    Options
    vege and ham omelette with some low fat edam, eggs will keep you fuller for longer
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy pancakes or French toast, etc try finding a healthier recipe. I use Cary's Sugar Free Low Calorie syrup on mine and it is DELICIOUS! :)
  • daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Oats with cinnamon,berries & Greek yoghurt

Or u could make pancakes from egg and banana :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    1 slice white farmhouse bread, toasted
    30g Nutella
    10g honey

It's under 300 calories

What's the problem?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    My go to is toast, cottage cheese, avocado and tomato for 200
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    Almond butter with honey or jelly on toast is wonderful and perhaps fewer calories than nutella since it doesn't have sugar......you could also save calories by changing the type of bread you use

Honey and jam both have sugar. Honey is used as a sweetener in recipes instead of sugar sometimes
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could eat just 1 slice instead of a couple?
  • Machka9
    Options
    I have tried toast with a couple hard boiled eggs a few times ... and that's OK but not something I'd want every weekend.

Someone else I know suggested sprinkling the toast with Stevia and cinnamon. I do like cinnamon toast, but have never tried it with Stevia. My choice had been a whole lot of brown sugar.
  • kutedaisy
    kutedaisy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can melt a tablespoon of nutella then stir in tub of lite cool whip and dip apples in it. I do with peanut butter but never had nutella.
  • Machka9
    Options
    My nutella is 472 kj per 20g serving. That's 113 calories per tablespoon.
    A lot of calories for one little tablespoon.

My bread is Helga's ... a good quality bread with no added sugar. It is 910 kj per 2 slices. That's 217 calories per 2 slices or 108 calories per slice.

And the honey ... Leatherwood ... is 280 kj per 20g serving. And that's 67 calories per tablespoon.

Total: 397 calories for breakfast.

I suppose that's not too bad if I don't eat lunch.
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Actually a 400 calories breakfast can fit also in a 1200 calories diet. You aren't eating less, right?
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    A 400 cal breakfast is fine.
    But your breakfast is largely carbs so I'd be hungry quickly since fat and protein offer more satiety.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I just made 1 soft boiled egg (because I didn't have 2-need to buy eggs) over a few fistfuls of sauteed greens, and half an English muffin with cream cheese. Just using up odds and ends in the fridge, but good and easy, except it's a pain to peel a soft boiled egg.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with Pb2, eggs, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, bagel with LF cream cheese.
  • a14s
    a14s Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today I had low fat yogurt with oats and a handful of grapes on top. I was going to add honey but the grapes sweetened up the meal nicely :)
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    I just made 1 soft boiled egg (because I didn't have 2-need to buy eggs) over a few fistfuls of sauteed greens, and half an English muffin with cream cheese. Just using up odds and ends in the fridge, but good and easy, except it's a pain to peel a soft boiled egg.

I'd personally sub in cheddar cheese (dont like cream cheese) but that sounds absolutely delish!

Ive been wanting soft boiled eggs recently for some reason lol
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I feel like theres nothing wrong with your breakfast choice once or twice a week. Honestly, even everyday but it sounds like you dont want it that often. But we have to eat what we want sometimes! Counting calories is the important part and fitting it into your goal.
    A suggestion- find a lower calorie bread if you really want to make it less calories. FiberOne has yummy breads for 100calories for TWO slices! They have multigrain, honey, etc. And i swear it tastes good! And lots of fiber.

Weekend breakfasts are my favorite! I eat cereal or yogurt with fruit or smoothies mostly during the week. Twice a week me and my guy have a huge yummy breakfast- homefries, eggs, sausage, low cal english muffins. I just make it fit or save some calories from during the week. And i eat alot less of it than i used to. And im still consistently losing every week.