Anyone have experience with "daily burn"?

Options
I currently have a membership at a brick and morter gym but can't se to find the time to actually go due to logistics. I've been seeing ads for the daily burn online fitness gym and it's peaked my curiousity. I would definitely be able to be more active with the flexibility it offers but I see mixed reviews online for this virtual gym. I'm curious if anyone had any experiences. Please share and thanks!

Replies

• howardrw
    howardrw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Daily Burn is the best streaming exercise video out there. The programs are great and can be for anyone looking to getting some kind workout. The monthly fee low (less price than going to a gym). All of the instructors are great and by the way I lost over 50 plus lbs. since I started using Daily Burn in the last 4 months. I believe that DB offers a trial membership for maybe a month for free, this way you can at least try it out on your own. I do know that I also was reviewing DB online and saw a lot of negative reviews, but thought that I could try it for a month free and go from there. That was about maybe 6 or 7 months ago and still watching the videos. For me that was the best decision when it came to a workout video that I made. I watch DB almost everyday now. Hope this helps.
  • breathebelievejen
    breathebelievejen Posts: 83 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I use dailyburn at the moment. I love the videos and the trainers are all really motivational and supportive. There's a decent range of videos and trainers too so if you don't like someone's style there's something else to go with. I like the search you can do for workouts- you can pick one based on the program, length, difficulty, trainer or equipment. I like the fact that it schedules your workouts in to a monthly timetable including recovery days based on which program you choose. They also offer a nutrition plan but personally I don't use it but sometimes might use the meal plan or recipes for inspiration.
    I also did the 1 month free trial to get a proper look at it myself and will probably keep it for a while. I tend to do a lot of home workouts.. I don't have the confidence for the gym at the moment but this keeps things fresh and interesting rather than me doing the same free videos on youtube again and again. You don't need much equipment either besides a few basics and you can adjust most of the workouts to do them without the weights etc.

sorry this paragraph is a bit jumbled, haven't been awake very long!
  • T8tersMom
    T8tersMom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you both so much for your candid reviews. I think I will be signing up for the free trial this weekend. Ond follow up question : I see in reading the fine print that the trainers go away after 30 days unless you opt for the higher premium membership. Do u find them to be that helpful?
  • AnneAlicia
    AnneAlicia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi

I did not opt for the trainers but would echo the above regarding the usefulness of daily burn. I tried it for two reasons - No free time and it's still unpleasantly cold in my corner of the country. I stuck with it - five times a week for the last four weeks - because the barriers to participation are really low - navigate to web page on the computer and make sure there's enough free space around me. No driving, schlepping, childcare, checking in, scheduling conflicts, etc. I have a special talent for excuses not to exercise, so this is important for me.

If I were recovering from an injury, it probably wouldn't be a good choice. Also, I would be hesitant to recommend it to someone who hasn't spent time with a person who can show them proper form for some fundamental exercises - there are a lot of squats and lunges as well as pushups and a few minutes with someone who can credibly say "do this not that" were really valuable for me.

If the best exercise is the one that you do, then I've found this to be a great exercise.
  • T8tersMom
    T8tersMom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the reviews! I will let you know how it goes. :)
  • blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just started daily burn. Im on week 2 of true beginner and i do some off yhe ither workouts after my reg. Exercise with the program everyday. I really enjoy it. I have fun with it. Before a 30 min workout seemed to take forever but now im like wow that went quick and i add another workout (yoga, pilates, or a cardio sculpt or 15 min db workout). I have lost only 2lbs in 2 weeks but i can tell im getting toner and my stamina has increased, and the programs seem easy to follow. I'm a mom of 2 boys (13 and 3) and i know how hard it can be to trh to fit in a workout, wiyh daily burn i can do ig warly in the a.m. or in the p.m. after they are in bed and nog have to worry about making it to t h r gym or being self conscious about what is jiggling thats not supposed to or what people think.
  • blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Omg sorry for the spelling lol. Fat fingers lil keys lol
  • bfinleyui
    bfinleyui Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have it and really like it. I have about a hundred pounds to lose, and they're one of the few places that have programs that are specifically aimed for people with that far to go. All the others seemed to say "heres the real workout, if you can't do it, modify it", but even just that "wow, i can't do it" was enough to send me back to the fridge. But their beginner class is surprisingly effective, especially for big guys like myself.