i'm hardly losing anyhin

Options
i weighd in today..133.2 lbs..which was 1.7 lbs higher than last week..i've never been able to go lower than this weight..i'm 5 feet..so i havent reached my ideal weight yet..why?..can anyone help me?..

Replies

• cuddlyaries87
    Options
    i weighd in today..133.2 lbs..which was 1.7 lbs higher than last week..i've never been able to go lower than this weight..i'm 5 feet..so i havent reached my ideal weight yet..why?..can anyone help me?..
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    hm...well let's brainstorm a bit...... first off you have only 18 lbs to lose...which isn't a ton of weight to lose....of course I understand in your eyes is might be, but I mean as a whole...your body will probably take some time getting this smaller amount off.

How are you doing on eating all your calories everyday that MFP has allowed you, are you eating all of them? Definitely!! Want to be doing that...how about working out? Are you aquiring excercise cals that you need to be eating as well? Are you eating them? Very important to do if you haven't been!

How about water, getting all your water in each day? For many 5-6 mini meals a day help keep metabolism boosted throughout the day, meaning leveled out blood sugar, helps you keep from getting hungry etc... all good things if you need to switch things up a bit....that might work for you.

Well.......those are some thoughts...is it possible that your body might be trying to tell you it's happy at the weight it's at and it maybe toning that you want to do to workoff a bit of extra here and there on your body?

Our bodies are pretty smart that way...sometimes we pick too low of weight and can never get below a certain point simply because it's not the weight our body is comfy at.

Any of these ring a bell to help you move forward a bit?

Hope something here has jogged some thoughts and get your movin again if that's what your body needs!:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • cuddlyaries87
    Options
    thanx fitness_chick!:flowerforyou:
    great advice..i should listen to my body more..
    toning..myb i do need toning..my arms r flabby..so r my thighs..:grumble:
    what kind of exercise would u suggest for toning?..
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    thanx fitness_chick!:flowerforyou:
    great advice..i should listen to my body more..
    toning..myb i do need toning..my arms r flabby..so r my thighs..:grumble:
    what kind of exercise would u suggest for toning?..
    strength training would be super!:drinker:
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    Yes, I agree. Weight lifting works wonders. :bigsmile:
    98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    I too have been at a plateau for about 3 weeks now. I have changed up my exercise and still the scale won't budge!:sad: Very frustratting, but I have heard plateaus can last a long time, so I guess I am just relieved I am not gaining!!:laugh:

109912.png
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Cuddly I know your pain I am also 5 feet. Strength training is key, that really helped me, and being shorter in stature I noticed it right away. Good luck keep at it :smile:
  • cuddlyaries87
    Options
    wow..dis site is realy great..no,d people on dis site r great!..:happy:
    i'm relieved now..thanx everyone!:flowerforyou:

kak1018 or anyone,can u guide me or at least share me some of the routines u do 4 strength training?..
    i realy dont hav access to a gym here..i only hav a pair of dumbells which r not adjustable..3.3lbs each
    :smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    wow..dis site is realy great..no,d people on dis site r great!..:happy:
    i'm relieved now..thanx everyone!:flowerforyou:

kak1018 or anyone,can u guide me or at least share me some of the routines u do 4 strength training?..
    i realy dont hav access to a gym here..i only hav a pair of dumbells which r not adjustable..3.3lbs each
    :smile:
    happen to have any excercise vids you can put in the VCR/DVD player? Soup cans, water jugs, things like that can also be used for weights as well.

:bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I too have been at a plateau for about 3 weeks now. I have changed up my exercise and still the scale won't budge!:sad: Very frustratting, but I have heard plateaus can last a long time, so I guess I am just relieved I am not gaining!!:laugh:

109912.png
    Have you seen the article a member wrote on platues? I'll dig it up and bump it in the threads but also place it here for any of you that are in the same place weese is in:drinker: