Starting over and would like friends

Options
Hi,

I was on a good track from Sept 2011 to March 2013 and about that time in March I stopped seeing results as much. It had been going on 2 years of religious workouts, strength training, counting my calories down to the very last bite and it was like my body was in a constant plateau and not wanting to lose any more weight once I hit 153 or so when my goal was at least 130. I got tired and really...I gave up.

I've gained back quite a bit, something I'm not proud of and honestly when I think about it I want to cry. I worked so hard just to come back pretty close to square 1. I don't have a gym membership anymore, and having a disability like cerebral palsy makes home workout pretty limited. So, I'm not feeling my most optimistic. I want to get back to where I was though. I want to look good for my husband.

I would like some active friends who have open diaries so I can get ideas on meals. That was another issue, I grew very bored with my meals eating the same brown rice, chicken and broccoli all the time. I tend to lose focus, so having some friends who are very active on MFP will help. Thank everyone!

Replies

• KatsCradle
    KatsCradle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I've been gradually losing weight since July last year. I made simply a change in lifestyle when I decided enough was enough after piling on pounds & pounds, really just through comfort eating & lack of a proper diet. I hit my worst at 183lbs & whilst I still have a way to go to be where I want to be I am getting there. Currently at 158lbs & still heading in the right direction.

I also hit a plateau which didnt help the fact it was right before Christmas. So I probally over induldged more than I should off however luckily didnt go crazy.

I found that whilst the plateau seemed never ending, it was more that my body was waiting on its next instruction. I had told my body no more excessive eating & in return after initial weight loss it said fine I'll store. Then I changed my diet a little more & incorporated different workouts. So again my body had to adjust. It came down to if somethings not working or responding how you'd like it to......., well change it.

I log religiously on MFP everyday & everything right down to a cuppa. Sometimes very basic food as I'm always on the go. & other times I experiment a bit & try something different. So as long as I meet as near as I can to my macros I know it will work through time. Deciding on the macros you need to hit to achieve your goals is key. It doesnt need to mean masses of exercise, just enough to ensure you are toning as you go & so that you can enjoy some treats now & again without feeling guilty.

I have days where I'll go out with the intention of eating not always what I should as I am possibly spending time with family or friends for special occasions, & thats ok, I don't beat myself up about it. However I do always track it no matter how bad it looks as it encourages me to get right back on track when the fun time is over.

I'll happily share what I have learned on my journey if it helps & theres some great stuff out there on You Tube where I have subscribed to a few channels to help keep me on track & motivated.

The greatest part for me has been where others notice the weight loss & I notice the baggier clothes :)
  • runem2011
    runem2011 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    :smiley: add me
  • juicymisslucy
    juicymisslucy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Add me! I would love more active friends :)
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Add me :) I need active friends.
  • beige2012
    beige2012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am starting over as well. Add me : )
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    This is my 4th or 5th time... but I have learned a lot about myself along the way. Anyone can feel free to add me!