Needing some help with my motivation...

Options
I have done so well recently but, the past two weeks I have slacked off MAJORLY! I need some help getting back on track! So I'll start with some reasoning... I have been financially stressed (of course, who hasn't?) I also had to go to an Amish wedding, OMG the food!! My husband was in the wedding party so therefore I didn't have too much choice in the matter. I did better than I would typically expect myself to but there was much carbs & butter & typical made from scratch types of food. Since I have been home I have had som serious financial stresses as well as some personal ones. Due to this I have thought to myself, I can have one more, I can eat that, ect. Now I am paying for it. Does anyone have any tips on how to get myself back on track & back to the excitement of the good I am doing myself? Thanks!

**Oh, I must add that through it all I have not missed out on a single workout! For that I am proud!!

Replies

• MargieHere
    MargieHere Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just let these past two weeks slide by. Finance woes are tough but this is for your health and well being.

People are not happy with money and not happy without money. It just plain sucks. I am learning from my sister that I have to do this for myself. There is no one else that is going to do it for me.

Nice job on the workouts too! I hear it takes 21 days to change bad habits. You only took off 2 weeks! Forgive yourself, forget it and get motivated!
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Amish wedding? ooooh i have a feeling we could start swapping stories! my husband has mennonite family and yes, the food is killer at family gatherings. I've been in a slump the last couple weeks as well. I decided to schedule a personal 10k run tomorrow, rain or shine. I know the feeling of "getting back to it" will be incredible enough to give me the boost I need. Good luck!!
  • cufrst
    cufrst Posts: 5
    Options
    Put your health first. We all have money problems. I have them too and it has been tearing my insides out but i have pushed through it. Just get you eating and exercise back on track and in no time you begin to see the results again. Hang in there.
    :wink: