fat free salad dressing I really like!

Options
jerber160
jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
I found marzetti sweet and sour fat free dressing. 45 calories for 2 tbsp. and I like the taste. this is a great thing!

Replies

• booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I have been looking for a new dressing!
  • jerber160
    Options
    anybody else have any favorites? non-fat ranch with tabasco is a go-to dip
  • jerber160
    Options
    hopin I have some for today
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Be aware when choosing non-fat products that some of them have replaced the fat with sugars and may not have many fewer calories than the original full-fat version. There's a balanced and readable article discussing the latest understanding of the pros and cons of a low-fat diet at http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-fats/
  • NCDJ2013
    NCDJ2013 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Make your dressing from scratch using a healthy oil.
  • jerber160
    Options
    Be aware when choosing non-fat products that some of them have replaced the fat with sugars and may not have many fewer calories than the original full-fat version. There's a balanced and readable article discussing the latest understanding of the pros and cons of a low-fat diet at http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-fats/
    well the label says 45 calories... you really can't beat that.

• lisafrancis888
    lisafrancis888 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love simple Balsamic dressing.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I use Wishbone low fat italian (it tastes the same to me as regular italian). It only has 15calories per tbsp. Its one of the few "low-fat" items i still use, as Ive found most arent worth it, as they make up for it in other ways such as higher sugar or calories. EX- low fat peanut butter is a joke!
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the Bolthouse Farms yogurt based dressings. Most of them are 45 calories a serving as well, and they don't have the weird mouth feel that I experience with most other low-cal dressings.
  • ucfrose
    ucfrose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like the Newman's Own Light Balsamic. I pour all the oil on the top off when I open it so all that's left is tasty goodness. Not economical but tasty. And it still sticks nicely to my salad.
    I also make my own ranch with non fat Greek yogurt, skim milk and Hidden Valley seasoning.