Anyone else ?

Options
i go on the scale everyday to see some sort of result....lol my mom always laugh at me but it r reinsurers me that I'm doing okay

Replies

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in once every month or 2 and before/after races.
  • natalee754
    Options
    Well that doesn't make me feel any better lolll
  • gibbysmith1
    gibbysmith1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Once a week same time
  • natalee754
    Options
    Once a week same time
    Well I'm putting my scale away then !
  • ScrappyRN2015
    Options
    I weigh myself all the time. It helps me keep tabs on how I'm doing and reinforces my goals! If you wait a month and have gained you've wasted all that time that you could have adjusted your patterns of eating and exercise! If you don't need to lose a lot then waiting longer isn't going to hurt but I don't think weighing yourself every day is a bad thing. As long as you don't freak out about it and obsess over it constantly.
  • natalee754
    Options
    I weigh myself all the time. It helps me keep tabs on how I'm doing and reinforces my goals! If you wait a month and have gained you've wasted all that time that you could have adjusted your patterns of eating and exercise! If you don't need to lose a lot then waiting longer isn't going to hurt but I don't think weighing yourself every day is a bad thing. As long as you don't freak out about it and obsess over it constantly.
  • aingrassia272
    aingrassia272 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but my weight fluctuates 10 lbs within a month. I have pair of calipers that I use to keep track of my problem areas. Lets me know what kind of weight I'm losing.

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    natalee754 wrote: »
    Well that doesn't make me feel any better lolll
    That's just what I do. What you're doing is fine. As long as you aren't obsessing over the numbers.

• ctnj2005
    ctnj2005 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My doctor actually told me to weigh each morning so that I could see how to eat each day. It really worked for me because when I don't get on the scale for weeks at a time I'm not as accountable. I saw whatever works for you.
  • xBabyLlamaDrama
    xBabyLlamaDrama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Every morning. It keeps me on track.

My parents say the same as yours but.. Different strokes for different folks.
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. It helps me learn more about my body. Because of this, I learned to lower my sodium intake a great deal. If I gain, I don't get upset, I analyze and make a few corrections. Now I know before I step on the scale I'll see a gain or loss.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Saturday to record on MFP..... Wednesday to confirm how I am doing for the week.
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    My weight fluctuates alot throughout the week. I weight myself every morning when i wake up. I just keep track of it throughout the week. I helps keep me on track. I dont obsess over it, i just like to know the numbers. Do whatever works for you.
  • TiffKouns
    TiffKouns Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I weigh everyday!
  • princessloubella
    princessloubella Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I weight myself 3 times in a row once a day, and update my weight on myfitnesspal everyday so that I know basically
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    ctnj2005 wrote: »
    My doctor actually told me to weigh each morning so that I could see how to eat each day. It really worked for me because when I don't get on the scale for weeks at a time I'm not as accountable. I saw whatever works for you.

^This^

Most people understand that there are normal fluctuations and are OK weighing themselves more frequently - they don't panic when they see the scale move up a pound from yesterday's reading.

Other people obsess and go into a tailspin when they see that number move up - those people are better off with once a week or maybe even once a month measurements.

As long as what you're doing is helping you get where you're going - keep on keepin' on. :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    i weigh in almost daily. lets me know how i'm doing. but i don't freak out if i see the scale go up a pound or two. generally i know what's going to show up on the scale based on how i ate the day before.

i was weighing in one a week or even once a month for a while. i was trying to tell myself that it wasn't about my weight, that it was about my performance and how i felt. but because i didn't see that number on the scale, i got a little complacent.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Saturday to record on MFP..... Wednesday to confirm how I am doing for the week.

Same! I weigh twice a week. However, I don't record my midweek weight. The midweek weigh in assesses how I'm doing.
  • angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If I kill it at the gym the next morning I'll weigh in just to see, even if it isn't my normal weigh in day... (or if I wake up feeling skinny) Don't worry about being 'Normal'... being yourself is the best way to be!
  • _JonnyQwest_
    _JonnyQwest_ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I never weigh myself anymore....it gets me too hung up on a number rather than overall fitness and athletic goals....there are so many variables involved that can make weight fluctuate wildly from day to day.....my clothes and the mirror don't lie...scales do....or at least it doesn't tell you the whole story....you can be skinny and still be fat (skinny fat) which is what happens when you solely focus on weight loss and not building/maintaining muscle mass.