I actually, kind of..really. hate. water.

Options
Yep. I said it. I hate water. There are a million other things I rather drink. Pepsi, Vanilla coke, OH MY. I need to spruce up my water with SOMETHING. I can only tolerate water when its icy cold.. Anyone have any tips to " yummify" water? Ive been wanting to drop a piece of fruit, or lime even into the water, and try that. Calorie free is the way to be..i know. Im told over and over that drinking water is the KEY to weight loss.

Thanks in advance guys!!

Replies

• n0pants3ver
    n0pants3ver Posts: 175
    Options
    I use great value sugar free/fat free whathaveyou drink mix. You put it in a jug or something, shake it & i use that as my water. zero calories. I hate water too!
  • 87beckyRN
    87beckyRN Posts: 34
    Options
    MIO. its a new water flavor-er. Its called a water enhancer. Its pretty good & has no calories :)
  • susiekusie
    susiekusie Posts: 13
    Options
    ME TOO!!!! except my poison of choice is Dr Pepper! LOL!

I drink a lot of Crystal Light. While not quite calorie-free it is extremely low calorie. And there are tons of flavors to choose from!

Good luck!
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I've found that the only way I will drink lots of water is if I have a water bottle with a straw. I have one of those camelbak water bottles where you bite down on the straw to drink the water. Whenever I get on my computer, I rest the bottle on my chest and just sip the water the entire time. It goes pretty quick that way. My water is also always filtered & very cold.

I don't know why, but I just don't like the taste of water when it's out of a glass...
    :glasses:
  • McHeather
    McHeather Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I put lemon juice in my water. Lemon is good for weight loss, the acidity or something helps somehow. Kinda related to the grapefruit diet. I also put a bit of vanilla in water when I want something sweeter. My kids love vanilla water.
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You can try the crystal light or the new MiO but I've always found them to leave weird aftertastes in my mouth so I don't use them (though I'm really weird and can tell when real sugar isn't being used because it leaves a weird taste). Honestly I used to hate water too but I kept drinking it. We got a filter and actually rid our house of soda or anything else for like half a year so all I had was water. Now if I drink a soda I don't feel that my thirst is quenched and it gives me sort of dry mouth so I have to drink water right after it.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I ate water,too. I don't think people fully understand what goes on in there...
    I use tons of ice but I will add
    MIO
    Mint
    fruit
    tea
    100% juice

Good luck!:drinker:
  • aangrisani
    aangrisani Posts: 92
    Options
    Well that new Mio thing on the commercials in the little silver package, tastes horrible, don't waste time or money. Have you ever tried crystal light flavor packets? I hate the way lite drinks taste, but they aren't bad espcially any pink lemonade one. I also like the Walmart brand of fruit punch sugar free, it tastes like hawiaan punch, if you like that sorta thing lol. However, my go to thing is just a plain piece of lemon!
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Try fruit infused water. http://gourmet.lovetoknow.com/Fresh_Fruit_Infused_Water can give you some good ideas. All the best from a water lover! :laugh:
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    MIO has been my new favorite!!! The strawberry watermelon is my fav! You can't beat 0 calories!
  • patattheshire
    patattheshire Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    wow same way everyone thinks i am crazy but water is just not for me I use emergen-c to spice up my water 25 cals I know but I can drink the water through the day glad someone posted this
  • TaushasJourney
    Options
    I would recommend using a calorie free powder mix also, but honestly, the more plain water you drink the quicker you'll get over disliking it so much. Try to drink a couple glasses of plain water a day, and increase your intake slowly. (I drink most of my water during meals.) I use 24oz camelback water bottle when I'm out & about so I always have water with me. That way I'm less tempted to get sodas, etc.
  • bwally2
    bwally2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Get some MIO its great!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I use to never drink water due to my hatred as well but a few years back I cut out sodas completely and went strictly water. 1 I dropped a ton of weight and 2 my day is incomplete if i havent had my intake of water now. I, like you have to have it VERY cold which is also better for burning calories cuz your body has to heat it up. Normally I simply drink plain but like others love the crystal light packets especially strawberry, fruit punch and white grape. Of course you can do lemon and I saw on a movie once someone placed cucumber in their water.
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the raspberry lemonade Propel and the Crystal Light orange sunrise (tastes like Tang!)
  • phgk
    phgk Posts: 29
    Options
    I have to force myself to drink water too. I agree that using a straw and lots of crushed ice helps. I also use True Orange or True Lemon packets. Zero calories and all natural...says that it is crystalized orange or lemon and it is easy to take along.
  • skyblue098
    skyblue098 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like crystal light also but don't like the aspartame that it has. The did come out with a Crystal Light Pure (or Pure Fitness). No artificial sweeteners or flavors, it uses sugar & truvia (natural sweetener). There is only 3 flavors that I know of, lemnade, grape & berry but I like them all. 30 calories per pack & it gets me to drink my water.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the best of luck. I am so shocked. I can't imagine "not liking water:" wowsers! But they are right if you insist there area alternatives such as crystal light. I personally have liked flavored soda waters when craving a soda! Just a thought.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Water and non-sweet tea have always been my drinks of choice since I can remember.

Even on the special occasions where I might have a can of pop, I'd usually leave half of it or more and ditch it for water. It was too cloying, and honestly, I find it not to be refreshing.

Love my water, but I drink when I want to and don't try and hit a specific goal.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I prefer to use natural additives if I put anything into my water. I have an infusion pitcher that I can slice fruit or even cucumbers into the center. I also sometimes like a capful of braggs apple cider vinegar, but I realize that is definitely an acquired taste. My fav is a bit of crush mint in icy cold water. You can get a mint plant for under $5 and if you aren't too zealous it will last a really long time and flourish well in a kitchen window.

By the way, I don't think it's unusual to hate water. So many of us eat or used to eat high processed foods that are full of sodium and sugar that our palettes are trained to crave sugar. When you change how you are eating your body has to adjust to these new changes.