MFPs sugar goals.....

Options
mkakids
mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
edited March 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Are they a decent amount? Low? High? Just curious.

My goal for sugar seems really high? I'm never even remotely close to the goal it set (I *maybe* hit 25-35% of the goal set)......I'm using the standard goal set by MFP...all my macro goals and settings are whatever they set based on my calorie goal.

Heck...yesterday I had 2 ice cream bars and was just over 50% of the sugar goals listed.

I know that it doesn't matter what my sugar is, really. I do not have any medical conditions that require me to monitor my sugar intake. I was just looking at the weekly nutrition snapshot and noticed how under I was in the sugar category. And I DO NOT think of myself as eating a low sugar diet....quite the contrary actually.

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    In line with a number of guidelines. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1181259

When comparing against daily guidelines for the population 2 ice cream bars or 4 pieces of fruit would be high compared to the average.

Edit - just checked your diary, your sugar number looks to be 25% of calories, which isn't MFP's standard 15%. This is either a bug or you set it manually with custom goals.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I didn't set anything manually. That's why I was surprised it was so high.....it seemed odd.
  • Jadeh907
    Jadeh907 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    There is a website you can go to and see what specific macros should be consuming it's http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ that might help. You then can adjust your goals in MFP
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Even with the correct 15% sugar limit (68g) you're still well under. This thread was actually refreshing, usually everyone complains the sugar limit is too low!
  • emily9423
    emily9423 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I almost always coming right at or just over my sugar limit but at least 85% of my sugar is coming from fruit and I'm still losing weight so I'm not too worried.