Hello! Long journey ahead of me and I can do it!

Options
I've always been heavy, but I gained a lot of weight in the past few years. I have noticed I am starting to have some joint pain that I think is from the excess weight. I do not like this path so I want to lose weight and feel healthy!

I have been following a vegan diet for about a month and a half and it's been fantastic because now I feel energy!! Lots of energy! It is definitely a lifestyle for me.

Now I need to get in some exercise to really get my weight loss journey going. I have a long way to go, but I know I can get there. I am interested in making some friends on this site.

Let's do this!

Replies

• deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! Welcome MFP is totally awesome and it does help!! I too have a long journey ahead and the people hear is great a keeping you motivated!! I have some wonderful friends here...feel free to add me if you would like!!

Good luck!!!
  • susiekusie
    susiekusie Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi! I also recently started my journey, and so far, I'm loving it! :) MFP is a great site, with great people! Feel free to add me, and congrats on making this step! :)
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! I've been here 5 days and I'm allready in love!!! Good luck on your journey!
  • arisal415
    arisal415 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I've changed my eating habits too and have also seen a change in my energy levels and how I feel in general.
    Keep up the hard work!
    Sticking to meal changes is the hardest for me.
  • Bethannny
    Bethannny Posts: 66
    Options
    Good luck! :)
  • rfuller29
    rfuller29 Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi and Welcome. Keep up the good work and Good Luck to you. If you want some support feel free to add me, would be glad to help. :)
  • dablessedone
    Options
    Hi! I have been trying to lose weight for many years! Everything that I do is not working because I can not stay motivated. In desperate need of support. I don't have anyone around to keep me motivated. I once lost 15 lbs. and decided to quit, then I gained it all back. I am looking forward to taking this journey wwith you all.:love:
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am mostly vegan. I have the occasional vegetarian meal (usually something that includes dairy). Feel free to add me.
  • MichelleMcWain
    MichelleMcWain Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome.. I love this site and the Android app. I have been at it about 2 months and have lost 35lbs.. The support I get from the members of this site is awesome!
  • meesherzz
    meesherzz Posts: 5
    Options
    Good luck to you :-)
  • meesherzz
    meesherzz Posts: 5
    Options
    35lbs in 2 months?! Awesome... good for you !!!! Great job, I hope that is the case for me as well