How long did it take?

Options
maceyanglin
maceyanglin Posts: 33 Member
How long did it take to get to your goal weight/where you are happy?
How long did you think it was going to take?
How much did you lose in that time frame?

Replies

• nicolefarrior
    Options
    I am 3 pounds away from my original goal. I started the end of January. I expected it to take til May to reach that goal. I have lost 13 pounds so far, I only weigh in once a week, so i've probably lost another one or two since last week, but I don't weigh in til Tuesday. I was only expecting to lose about 10 pounds by the first of April, and I've already exceeded that goal by 3 pounds. So I'm pretty confident I'll make my goal before May.
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    1. Almost a year and I am still going, it'll be a year in July
    2. I'm not sure
    3. 23 pounds down in
    Over all, it's a lifestyle change. There is no time frame on a lifetime goal!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Work in progress on year 4.

I wasn't sure how long it was going to take. I was obese with a BMI over 40. I try not to focus on how long it's going to take, but more on what I can do physically. I'm getting stronger and faster, so my goal body will come with those improvements in time.

In 2012, I dieted for about 6 months before I caved. I restricted myself too much and couldn't maintain it. I believe I lost 10lbs a month during that time frame, but I gained around 20lbs back.
    In 2013, I started again and was losing about 1.5lbs per week. That lasted until I found I was pregnant that September.
    September 2013-May 29, 2014 : Pregnancy, gained 40lbs or so.
    From that point until now it averages out to be about 1.4lbs per week or so.
    Total loss from 2012 to now : 111.5lbs

• jjdaesmith
    jjdaesmith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Today I am one pound off my target. :D I started my journey with MFP on September 4th 2014 and have lost a grand total of 73lbs. I took two weeks off over Christmas which set me back a month. :o Tee shirt size reduced from XL to M. Jean size reduced from a snug 40" waist to a comfortable 32". Hoping that Monday will be my goal hitting day. :)
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    It took me 5 months to lose my weight. My goal was 120 lbs but when I went on maintenance I lost an additional 8 lbs.

I had no set date or time period. I suffered a heart attack and just went about getting healthy. I was advised to lose 10 lbs and walk at least a mile daily.

I lost 22 lbs. I went from 134.9 lbs to 112 lbs.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    -Work in progress, almost 7 months in

-No set date. Scooby's calculator shows that I should be at my goal in October, 14 months in, but I plan to start a recomp before I reach my goal weight. If you're at the beginning of this process, the best advice I can give you is to not be too rigid: with your method, with your goals, with your exercise program. And don't be so focused on getting thin that you underfeed yourself--I did that, and am suffering the consequences.

-I lost 44 pounds in this time frame, going from a BMI of 31.1 to 25.2, but I've had to take the last few weeks off and eat at maintenance. Weirdly, I lost 4 pounds while eating an additional 600 calories a day.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I lost 66lbs in about 18 months after my 2nd baby. Well, I probably lost more, that was going from my weight when she was 8 weeks old. I'd started out to lose my baby weight then carried on and lost an additional 30lbs and ended up the smallest (and most fit) I'd been in a long time.

Then I got pregnant again and am currently losing baby weight yet again lol. I always gain loads in pregnancy. Maybe I just like the challenge of weight loss!

I'm hoping to be at pre-preg weight by my birthday in October. When I was pregnant I'd hoped it wouldn't take me so long, and I exercised and logged all pregnancy so didn't expect to have gained as much as I did, but c'est la vie.

So, of you add up all my weight loss, including from baby no.2, then what I've lost since baby no.3, it's over 100lbs :)
  • katielshelby
    katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am not through, but I am more than halfway to my goal of losing 116. ;)

I have been doing this since February 2013.

I did not think that it was going to take more than two years, but it has. My father has passed away, I have taken classes while working two part-time jobs, and I have other responsibilities. Sometimes life gets in the way!

75 so far, 41 to go!
  • Agarland34
    Agarland34 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    jjdaesmith wrote: »
    Today I am one pound off my target. :D I started my journey with MFP on September 4th 2014 and have lost a grand total of 73lbs. I took two weeks off over Christmas which set me back a month. :o Tee shirt size reduced from XL to M. Jean size reduced from a snug 40" waist to a comfortable 32". Hoping that Monday will be my goal hitting day. :)

Wow, that is so awesome!!! Kudos to you!!!
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options

I'm at a little over 1.5 years so far and I've lost 44lbs. to date. I had no idea how long it would take but it didn't matter because I'm going to have to watch my calorie intake forever. It's not a diet with a finish point; it's my way of life.

I still have about 10lbs to maintenance but working on it slowly since I'm over 65 years old; losing about 1/2lb a week most weeks; close to 2lbs. per month.

I was happy with any progress that I made, even 1oz. lost is a victory but I've finally reached a normal BMI number and that's been very satisfying.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    It has taken me so far about 3 years and 9 months I have lost 263lbs and I am about 37 lbs away from my initial goal weight. I had no idea how long it would take me. I am beyond happy with what I have accomplished and where I am at. This has become a lifestyle for me which was my goal :) I never thought before I would be able to get to the point where I didn't think about food all day or where I would be able to just automatically make good food decisions. While the weight loss and the bonus for my health is amazing what is even more greater is the change of myself inside and how I view my relationship with food :) WHile I am not at goal yet and 3 years and 10 months seems like a long time I extremely pleased for where I am at both weight wise and emotionally :)
  • maceyanglin
    maceyanglin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That's awesome yall are great!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It took me roughly 9 months to lose about 40 Lbs...after that it was about a year and a half at maintenance and doing a very productive re-comp. Then I did a 4 monthish bulk cycle and now I'm in a cut again.

The bottom line is that to sustain success you have to always be going and striving for something and setting new goals. People have this notion that they're just going to lose the weight and be all happy and everything will just revert back to "normal"...reality is that you have to discover a new normal...your health, nutrition, fitness, etc are lifetime endeavors...you aren't "done" just because you get to some arbitrary number on the scale...you are never done.

Getting to that number on the scale is not the finish line...it's the starting line of the actual race. That fact is lost on most.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    It took me 6 months to drop 33 pounds, and have now slowed my weight loss as I ease into maintenance (3 pounds over last 6 weeks).
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    1) - 1 year, 2 months, 26 days = Personal Goal Met 432 > 200lbs = 232lbs lost) but 1 year, 6 months, 7 days is how long to i got to my current/maintaining/happy weight (180lbs = 252lbs lost)
    2) Did not have a finish date. Just took it one day at a time.
    3) 252lbs

Everyone and everybody is unique so what occurs to one may not occur to you.
  • jjdaesmith
    jjdaesmith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    jjdaesmith wrote: »

Hit target this morning. Going to gently increase my intake to find a maintenance level.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    It took me 20 months to lose 36kg and I have another 25 to go so it will probably take me another 12 months.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I've been "at this" since mid October 2013. I've lost 87 pounds. 3 lbs to goal, then I will reassess - see if I want to go further. Even if I lose no more, I'll be happy. I though it might take a year, but I'm 60 and the closer I got to goal, the slower it's been going. I, too will be doing this (counting calories) forever...
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Started July 21, 2014 at 267 pounds. Today after 8 months I'm 167 pounds at 5'3. I want to get around 130ish. The weight loss is probably going to slow down now, but I'm hoping I get there by July 21, 2015. We will see though, either way I'm healthier then I was last year at this time.
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I started on jan 1st and have lost 25lbs so far. I would like to lose another 17lbs and think it will take me another 2-3 months though no set time scale.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!