So annoyed

Options
so scales say 2lb gain since yesterday ? I had "a treat" chicken chow mein, been good all week, been worst wk actually as I've felt hungry and light headed, I have up my calorie goal to 1250 from 1200, please advice, I am dishearten, thinkin it's cause I had takeaway, now I just wanna starve.

Replies

• badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    2 lbs in a day is normal fluctuation. To truly gain 2 lbs you would need to eat 7000 calories above your actual needs. This is just water weight or constipation. Please don't starve yourself.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Salt. Takeaways are full of sodium or MSG. This would make you hold water overnight and that is why you have. 2lb gain.

Never weigh after a sodium heavy meal. I've learnt that lol
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    2 lbs in a day is normal fluctuation. To truly gain 2 lbs you would need to eat 7000 calories above your actual needs. This is just water weight or constipation. Please don't starve yourself.

This. Drink plenty of water and relax. :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,989 Member
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »
    Salt. Takeaways are full of sodium or MSG. This would make you hold water overnight and that is why you have. 2lb gain.

Never weigh after a sodium heavy meal. I've learnt that lol

^^ Yep. This.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Chinese food is full of sodium. You gained two pounds of water because of it. It's normal and nothing to fret about. It'll be gone Ina day or two.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    High sodium meal = temporary water retention.
    Perfectly normal part of life and something you have to get used to when you get to maintenance.
    Ignore it, don't react to it and move on.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I put 3lb on one night after a takeaway. I could have cried until I realised that oops it was salty as heck and I hadn't drank enough water to flush it through. We live and learn! Have your takeaway the day AFTER your normal weigh in ;)
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Yup. Salt.

Please don't worry about two pounds. Please just don't. You will see two pounds come and go on any given day. Just keep to your calorie goals (with 100% honest and as accurate as possible calculations) and you should see a trend downward over time.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Take out Chinese is a sodium bomb.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    sgthaggard wrote: »
    Take out Chinese is a sodium bomb.
    Yep. Drink lots of water and weigh yourself in a couple of days.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yep. Drink enough to get yet pee lookin like crystal spring water :)
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    My guess is salt and water weight. Give it a few days or a week and weigh again.

A small step backwards isn't the end.

I'm not sure, but there has to be some lower salt dishes for next time.
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yeah, of course Chinese food is full of salt. Everyone's focusing on the salt though. You said you are hungry and light headed. That's the bigger concern! Why not up your calories more than just by 50? Fifty isn't much. What extra could you eat each day to be no so hungry for 50 measley calories. Don't be afraid to go up higher. You can always come down later. But, if you start so dang low, where will you go if you plateau and need to decrease your calories then??? Being light headed can also be a blood pressure problem, so, at least check your blood pressure a few times.
  • iamchuckbass78
    iamchuckbass78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates all the time. I weigh daily and make sure it is consistently going down, not up
  • katrinafaymurphy
    katrinafaymurphy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, u all right, weight went bak to normal -1 lb so I'm happy, x
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I had 1113 calories yesterday and a walk and gained 2 lbs this morning. *whatever* weird fluctuations happen. I'm sure it'll be different tomorrow. :smile:
    Just drink plenty of water today and try again tomorrow.