real food

Options
I have all the tools to do this the low cal snacks the healthy choice meals everything ive been dieting for 3weeks now im craving fatty food should i cave once or fight it and keep going?

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can add whatever food you desire... as long as you make it fit into your daily calories. That's all. :flowerforyou: Calorie deficit is what's important.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You need dietary fat and shouldn't call eating that "caving".
  • Nezz123
    Nezz123 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Do you find you're craving salty stuff or sweet stuff more? I always say this, but the #1 way to drop weight and avoid cravings is to eat fiber. Start with oatmeal or a high-fiber cereal (like Raisin Bran) in the morning, even if it's kind of bland. Especially when paired with protein (like eggs), it slashes way down on hunger. In general, I find it better to avoid caving or just having a little taste. We always hope that will quell our temptation, and for a brief time it might, but usually it just revives it. That's especially true with sugar. If you go without sweet stuff for a while, at first it feels like drug withdrawl...but then you stop wanting it. And sugary stuff stops looking as appealing. I think it has to do with a brain chemical called ghrelin...but it's true.
  • dragon_sla
    dragon_sla Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Your only human. We all have cravings. Remember eat in moderation and watch calories. If you do that should stay on track
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want but be sure to give your body what it needs!! I find if I don't just eat a portion of what I'm craving I end up eating much more of other foods. Just make room for it in your diary.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i prefer eating real food. i tried eating imaginary food once, and it wasn't filling.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Yoy really need to think about the way you approacch things. If you start calling it real and not real, then you start giving yourself a martyr complex . Food is food. If you want higher calorie food that you were used to then have it, but work it into your calorie allowance.

If you moderate you cna have smaller portions and eventually the cravings will become more manageable and you will be encourages by your progress.
  • ashleybarnette1986
    ashleybarnette1986 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the advice your probably right about calling it real food and yes it is sweet stuff i have fiber 1 brownies that only contain 90cal but it does not satisfy the cravings they are really good better then alot of brownies but i want pop tarts