I swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth about be

Options
the truth about being fat and feel free to add yours too if I forget something....

This is how I feel EVERYDAY of my life being 260lbs.....it SUX more than the # on the scale.

My feet hurt after 30 mins of standing on them
my legs get numb
I sweat in some really ungodly places
the huffing and puffing (bout to blow this house down)
Bra's are tight, too small, too gappy, too uncomfy (big enough to wear as helmet or fly costume)
Underwear are no longer panties....thongs get lost and feel well....you can guess and the only ones you can wear now are not sexy (have my own parachute while flying)
I cannot see anything below my belly button without picking up my 4x4 size spare tire
Clipping or painting my own toe nails......yeah right.(chirp....chirp)
Furniture shopping is the worse....slide off any normal width couches....require Wide seating for comfort
Have to sleep with 5 pillows because my breast suffocate me
ALL joints hurt
I am always tired
can never find anything to wear and can't bring myself to go shopping anymore
My stomach drives the car for me most days
I have to sit on an end seat in an isle, cause there is no getting out if I am in the middle somewhere (movies....church....etc)
Stairs.....stairs.....stairs....hmmmm need I really say more about this?
The water does not cover me in the bathtub anymore....:0(
Frustration and tears :ohwell:

I am sure that there are alot more, these are just a those that I have experienced in my life today being 260 lbs....how about you?

Or tell me those of you at 150lbs, what is it like? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    My knee hurts from a meniscus injury.
    My wrists are banged up from a bad snowboard crash.
    I'm always sore from lifting.
    I can never run long enough, fast enough.
    I can never lift hard enough, heavy enough.
    My bodyfat still isn't acceptable to me.
    I'm not as big as I want to be.

I could continue, but I hope you see the trend.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I do see the trend....I think we all suffer with the agony of our bodies....I just pray mine gets to point that doing simple physical activty does not kill me....

tough stuff
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    My feet hurt after 30 mins of standing on them - You will still hate standing, but will be more comfortable
    my legs get numb - No more of that
    I sweat in some really ungodly places - I think that depends on the weather
    the huffing and puffing (bout to blow this house down) - It will improve
    Bra's are tight, too small, too gappy, too uncomfy (big enough to wear as helmet or fly costume) - Prettier and more comfortable lingerie will be available to you
    Underwear are no longer panties....thongs get lost and feel well....you can guess and the only ones you can wear now are not sexy (have my own parachute while flying) - See above
    I cannot see anything below my belly button without picking up my 4x4 size spare tire - You will be able to see whatever you want to see
    Clipping or painting my own toe nails......yeah right.(chirp....chirp) - You can do it, but will still prefer going for a pedicure. :)
    Furniture shopping is the worse....slide off any normal width couches....require Wide seating for comfort - Nope. :)
    Have to sleep with 5 pillows because my breast suffocate me - Nope. :)
    ALL joints hurt - This will improve
    I am always tired - See above
    can never find anything to wear and can't bring myself to go shopping anymore - No one will be able to stop you from buying the cutest outfits
    My stomach drives the car for me most days - You'll have to drive...
    I have to sit on an end seat in an isle, cause there is no getting out if I am in the middle somewhere (movies....church....etc) - Sit where you want.
    Stairs.....stairs.....stairs....hmmmm need I really say more about this? - You will run up them like a gazelle.
    The water does not cover me in the bathtub anymore....:0( - You will be able to hide under bubbles.
    Frustration and tears ohwell - No guarantees....
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm 168 but this is what I'd say:

- I do feel strong and fit most days when my knees aren't too sore
    - I don't feel any sexier than I did at 220lbs and still think that people are staring at me if I eat something while walking down the street
    - I do feel embarrassed by the constant comments from friends and co-workers about my weight loss - it's nice and they mean well but it's getting a bit weird now
    - the best thing about being 168 instead of 220 though is that I reckon I could do almost any physical challenge put to me now (maybe not well - particularly if it involved some kind of snow-based sport!) and that makes me feel good about myself.
    - Oh, and the way my body looks now is so weird to me. I have collarbones and hipbones. I'm even starting to notice my shoulderbones sticking out. That's fine but less comfortable than it was before! I have hollows inside my knees which freaked me out until my doctor told me it was just muscle definition from all the running!

On balance, 168 is better than 220 but I'm still getting used to not thinking of myself as 'fat' all the time and I'm also realising that I need some serious help in the 'how to deal with getting chatted up' department because that has been happening a lot (well, a lot for British men anyway) and I just assume they're taking the piss all the time...(maybe they are?)
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I have seen both ends of the spectrum. I can NOT disagree with any of em...but I also was on a dangerous path to anorexia...i was a severely disordered eater.
    -food was the enemy
    -i was always hungry
    -i worked out so much my life was the gym
    -i hated myself
    -i still saw a fat girl
    There is no god side or way to truly feel happy i am thinking
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    My feet hurt after 30 mins of standing on them - You will still hate standing, but will be more comfortable
    my legs get numb - No more of that
    I sweat in some really ungodly places - I think that depends on the weather
    the huffing and puffing (bout to blow this house down) - It will improve
    Bra's are tight, too small, too gappy, too uncomfy (big enough to wear as helmet or fly costume) - Prettier and more comfortable lingerie will be available to you
    Underwear are no longer panties....thongs get lost and feel well....you can guess and the only ones you can wear now are not sexy (have my own parachute while flying) - See above
    I cannot see anything below my belly button without picking up my 4x4 size spare tire - You will be able to see whatever you want to see
    Clipping or painting my own toe nails......yeah right.(chirp....chirp) - You can do it, but will still prefer going for a pedicure. :)
    Furniture shopping is the worse....slide off any normal width couches....require Wide seating for comfort - Nope. :)
    Have to sleep with 5 pillows because my breast suffocate me - Nope. :)
    ALL joints hurt - This will improve
    I am always tired - See above
    can never find anything to wear and can't bring myself to go shopping anymore - No one will be able to stop you from buying the cutest outfits
    My stomach drives the car for me most days - You'll have to drive...
    I have to sit on an end seat in an isle, cause there is no getting out if I am in the middle somewhere (movies....church....etc) - Sit where you want.
    Stairs.....stairs.....stairs....hmmmm need I really say more about this? - You will run up them like a gazelle.
    The water does not cover me in the bathtub anymore....:0( - You will be able to hide under bubbles.
    Frustration and tears ohwell - No guarantees....

Thank you so much for posting this.....I AM GONNA GET HERE!. Cause this daily battle SUX!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Every one of those things was true for me before i started MFP. Those things aren't true anymore. There are still ways I feel bad about my body, but sticking to this plan has eliminated most of them. My complaints: My skin looks loose and weird in the places I have damaged it with stretch marks. My knees press against one another uncomfortable while I sleep on my side, the padding that used to be there has left.

I'm not at 150, and I don't know that I will be.

Sorry you're having a rough time, sugar. :flowerforyou:
  • artemis222
    artemis222 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    There are many things I dislike about myself at the weight I am. However, I find solace in going to the gym every day that I can, and every morning waking up realizing I'm on the road to a better me. Especially when I step on the scale and I see that I've lost. Even if it is .1 of a pound, it is something. That something makes me smile and keep pushing myself.
  • malx21989
    malx21989 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    203lbs

I look at myself in the mirror and cry sometimes
    My ankles swell, and knees too
    Everything I wear I feel HUGE!!
    Even though I run, I feel like I can't run far enough away from 203lbs
    My stomach pushes out farther than my chest
    When I look down I would rather see my boobs and feet, not boobs and stomach
    My thighs rub together no matter how I walk or what i wear
    I feel like my husband doesn't care that I want to get healthy (he bought me cookies for Mother's Day)
    I could keep going but thinking about this makes me depressed....

But I know I have to keep trying if I want to feel and look good about myself!