Coming up on 100 pounds lost

Options
I've lost 98 pounds in 33 weeks. Coming up on 100 pounds lost.

SW - 335
GW - 250
CW - 237

Any suggestions on how to celebrate losing 100 once I get there? The old me would go out to dinner and eat too much. If I did that now, I would regret it afterwards. I suppose I could still go out, be good and show that I have control over how I do when eating out. Or I could have what I want, deal with it and get it out of my system.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I say go on a trip somewhere 100lbs is a HUGE accomplishment!!

When I reach 100lbs lost I'm going sky diving!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    A trip, professional pictures, new clothes, new exercise equipment, or anything else you've been wanting, but putting off.

Congratulations on your loss so far!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Party!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I'm almost there too, 87 lbs in 17 weeks, I will be celebrating with a new tattoo. Something to remind me of my accomplishment.
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    I agree with both of the previous posts...congrats to you!!!! That is so awesome!!!!!
  • frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    congrats just enjoy it and keep working hard !!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think treat yourself to something non food related....
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Celebrate ~~~ saving your LIFE! In essence, that's what you've done. So, celebrate LIFE! Congratulations! Now, the most dangerous and biggest challenge is facing you for the rest of your life and that is: keeping the FAT POUNDS off your precious body.

Tami Jones Shumate has done that for more than a year~~~188 lbs. later. She's a fine and resounding example to all the rest of us. Daily, she logs every single item that goes in her mouth. She STILL accurately weighs, measures, levels off all excess quantities and records everything that ends up in her mouth. It took her 15 months to go from 331 lbs. to lose 186 lbs. She has a full time job plus she teaches fitness classes now at two gyms in Washington State.

You can be the male counterpart to that example. You can share your success with others. Make yourself available to speak to church groups, to school children's classes and other groups about heart healthy eating, exercise and healthy living. You can help reduce the American fat society population by teaching them how to do it right. Yes, you CAN. Now, wouldn't that be a great celebration of life?

Go for it~~~you ROCK!

Add me to your friends list if you wish.

Claire
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Buy yourself a present! Is there anything you've been wanting for a while but not wanting to spend the money on?

I don't reward myself with gifts for milestones, but that's only because I buy myself small presents all the time, lol.

Oh yes, and CONGRATULATIONS! 100 is a great accomplishment! I'll be joining you there in about 9 pounds :)
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB, if you want to eat out I say go for it but don't go crazy naturally and maybe after eating you could do a fun active activity such putt putt, bowling, or whatever you prefer just as long as your doing something you enjoy :D
  • InMyJeans
    InMyJeans Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I don't know what your into but I would freeway myself to the spa, buy some new clothes, or take a boot camp our yoga class that I've been wanting to take.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    First..CONGRATULATIONS! That is fantastic work!

Second...for the celebration....I agree with you...my old self would go out to celebrate with a giant unhealthy dinner...

Maybe a cruise...New clothes are definitely nice...or...do something that you wanted to do...but your old self always talked you out of....something epic...something awesome....and keep us posted...I would LOVE to hear what you did!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Wow, it's hard to think of something that would top that in the way of buying something at the store! Excellent job! :) How about a trip or something you've been wanting to do?
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm almost there too, 87 lbs in 17 weeks, I will be celebrating with a new tattoo. Something to remind me of my accomplishment.

I love the tattoo idea!! I might be stealing that one!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!