Help with calories and macronutrients?

Options
laurenpettifer1
laurenpettifer1 Posts: 2
edited March 2015 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Hi!
I am 18 y/o, female, 5'11" 134 lbs and lift weights 6x a week with some cardio intervals.
I have been steadily losing weight for quite a while, and I was not tracking anything. I want to stop losing because I like where I'm at right now. So I decided to find out my TDEE and start making sure I get enough to maintain what I've got :)

TDEE: 2170 calories

The macros are 278g carbs, 136g protein, 61g fat.

I'd just really like some feedback on these numbers! I'm finding it difficult to eat this many carbs :(

Thank you!

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:
    Your TDEE number is influenced by your currrent weight and your level of activity.
    I have one TDEE for days with moderate exercise ( 45 minutes at the gym but otherwise sedentary) and another TDEE for sedentary ( no exercise that day).
    I eat at TDEE -20% each day in order to lose body weight. I do not eat back the exercise calories. This is very important.
    I also try to meet my macros.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Maries_wine_calories Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    What is your protein % set at? Along with the weight lifting you should increase your protein goal to 25 or 30% and in turn drop your carbs by the 5 or 10%. You should do some meal planning to get several meals in a day to make your macros happen and to not continue to lose weight like you wish.
  • millsrobm
    millsrobm Posts: 62 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Numbers look good; protein and fats are at completely appropriate levels. Hit those macros for two weeks and reassess. If you've lost weight then up your numbers (mainly in carbs) by 100 calories or so. If you've gained then lower. I'm not sure what your carb intake has been up to now, but if those numbers are higher don't freak out if you gain a couple of pounds. This is water/glycogen and will level out after a couple of weeks. There's no need to eat a different amount daily; your activity level should be figured into your tdee already and will take into account any rest/workout days.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Looks good to me. If you can stand to lose some carbs, I'd bump fat a bit (looks on the low side).

Edit: just noticed your height - I'm 5'6 (and old enough to be your mother) and I maintain on 2150ish so you might find you still lose at those calories. Online calculators are only an estimate so if you keep losing just gradually increase till you find your sweet spot.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    scoandmur wrote: »
    What is your protein % set at? Along with the weight lifting you should increase your protein goal to 25 or 30% and in turn drop your carbs by the 5 or 10%. You should do some meal planning to get several meals in a day to make your macros happen and to not continue to lose weight like you wish.

%ages mean Jack - 136 is perfect for someone wanting to maintain a weight of 134 (she could actually get away with slightly less but who wants to when meat is so good :))

• laurenpettifer1
    Options
    Thank you very much everybody! Yes I realize that my numbers are still slightly low, but I am monitoring how my body responds and I don't want to increase too quickly. Thanks again!!
  • itsmeGennie
    itsmeGennie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I thought this was helpful. You also need to know your body type (ecto, meso, endo)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macro-math-3-keys-to-dialing-in-your-macro-ratios.html