Staying motivated.

Options
Hi everyone! I have been on my weight loss journey since 2013. I started off weighing in at a 187 pounds in Jnauary 2013. I am 5'3". My goal was to get down to 140-145 pounds, but I never made it. I got down to 153 pounds about 6 months after I started and after that, the scale wouldn't budge anymore for months on top of months. My weight fluctuated between 155-160. Eventually I gave up and when back to my old eating habits, but I was still watching my calories only I wasn't as strict. Over the past 6 months, I've managed to gain about 10 pounds putting me at 168. I knew I was headed back down the wrong path where I fought so hard to come from before, so that made me get up and get it started again. I exercise at least 5 days per week, sometimes 6 doing mostly cardio (jogging/brisk walking 2 miles, treadmill with an incline at a brisk pace, and running on the treadmill on a slight incline) and maybe 15 minutes of circuit weight training on days where I'm not so tired. I get so discouraged sometimes because I have a ways to go to get to my goal and it gets frustrating. My worst fear is doing what I'm supposed to do, counting calories, exercising regularly, and not reaching my goal. It's hard, but I am trying not to give up this time. How do you stay motivated?

Replies

• tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Are body's adapt a bit ..I work out 6 to seven days started 2012
    .I lost more in the first two years when I was really. Heavy. Now it is not as fast. But toned stronger and faster .Feel great and enjoying this s lot .Keep on the journey keep on what you are doing watch diet .Dont get upset it always a process..
  • Jamie52560
    Jamie52560 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm active too. Ride my bike 40+ miles per week, and do zumba, & yoga. I am over 50 so the process is sloooow. I have a tendency to cave on my cravings. But I am not giving up. I have an open diary if you want to add me
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I focus more on the way clothes fit, inches lost, and improved fitness than I do the number on the scale to help stay motivated. If I rely solely on the number on the scale, I get discouraged because it doesn't seem like I am losing weight like I should be based on my workouts and calorie deficit.