Kettle bell workout help!!

Options
Sunjenk
Sunjenk Posts: 139 Member
Has anyone ever tried kettle bell workouts? Do you like them? I was thinking of getting one, but am not sure what weight to start with.

Any help :D

Replies

• ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    The only kettle bell workout i've done so far is Jillian Michael's shred it with weights and I like it.. I started out with a 10lb weight. From what I read you can burn tons of calories doing kettle bell workouts :)
  • barbaratanika
    Options
    I have also done the Jillian Michaels and I love it. It doesn't take up too much time as it is only 30 minutes, but you will get a nice sweat and tone with it. I purchased my 10 lb. kettlebell amazon for under $30 and I like it.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I take a kettlebell class at my gym and use a 5 lb one. I am about to move up to the 9 lb. If I were to buy one I would get a set that has different weights so that you have something to workup to. If you do not increase your weight it is not as effective.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I love kettle bell workouts! I do them 3-4 times a week. I, too, started with Jillian's Shred it with weights with a 10lbs. KB.Now I use 10 lbs., 20lbs.-the most and 25 lbs.Don't go too low on the weight-because of the swinging you will be able to handle havier weight that a dumbbell.