Banana "ice cream"

Options
Okay, so I was wanting some ice cream, but trying to cut back on dairy. So I hears about making some out of frozen bananas .. OMG ... it was awesome!!! Basically you slice bananas and freeze them. Then, you put them in the food processor until they are creamy. SO good and SO much better for you then ice cream. YUM!!!!

Replies

• lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I love frozen banans!
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My husband LOVES those! They're delicious. I could seriously eat bananas every day. In fact, I pretty much do!
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy, I'll have to try it.
  • michelleisgettinfit
    Options
    Made that last night and it was YUMMMO! :)
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    I have had them frozen covered in chocolate, but never blended up. It's the consistency of ice cream ... crazy and DELICIOUS! !
  • JennMuc
    JennMuc Posts: 70
    Options
    if you like bananas and chocolate add a tablespoon of baking cocoa to the banana when you blend it...YUMMY!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    sounds good.. I think Im going to have to try this :)
  • TwilaG
    TwilaG Posts: 134
    Options
    I have to try that!
  • mariahruby
    mariahruby Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    do you use overripe bananas to freeze or regular yellow? do you freeze them peeled or unpeeled? sounds yummy:)
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    yum.....sounds delish! thank you!
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    do you use overripe bananas to freeze or regular yellow? do you freeze them peeled or unpeeled? sounds yummy:)

I used over ripe bananas ... I peeled them and cut them into slices before I froze them. I will have to try the cocoa. Sounds delicious!!!
  • iStace2000
    iStace2000 Posts: 42
    Options
    Berries, particularly frozen strawberries thrown in are pretty sensational too. :)