Life has been downhill, now for the climb back

Options
zutier
zutier Posts: 8 Member
My name is Scott Cruse. I joined the army in 1998 weighing a staggering 110 pounds dripping wet at a skyscraping 5' 8". Double rations for 15 weeks had me at my "fighting" weight of 178 pounds. I was 17 years old. 14 years in the army, and raising 2 children on my own have taken their toll on me. I am now disabled and the years of service have destroyed my back and knees. I tried to maintain my health and teach my kids healthy habits, but, at long last I went to my Doctor this week and was informed that I am dangerously over weight, my liver has fat deposits, I have a BMI of 36+, and this is even after I quit smoking 6 months ago. It was a real wake up call and I hope to try and get myself back to that 178 pounds so that my kids will be able to play with at the park again. Walking / running is unbearably painful due to my fibromyalga, I live in the mid-west so no year round pools for water exercise, and being disabled on a fixed income i can not even afford a gym membership. Hoping to figure out a diet and a health plan that will help me reach my goals. 60 pounds by August 26th! Thanks for reading and wish me luck!

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,972 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! :)
  • zutier
    zutier Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • meljustcole
    meljustcole Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Some hotels have indoor pools that they are willing to let locals use. Do you have any in your area? They may charge a small fee, but seeing as you are a disabled vet, maybe they'd make an exception? Thank you for your service to our country and good luck in your journey!! Blessings to you and your family!