Former Marine looking for mentor

Options
nate46767
nate46767 Posts: 1 Member
Hello.

My name is Nate. I am 41. I have gained weight consistently over the last 15 years or so. I use to exersize regularly but have not exersized at all for a number of years. I have ballooned up to 252 lbs and generally feel like crap most of the time with no energy. My job have transitioned from doing construction work to supervising now so I don't get as much movement at work as I use to. I know I need to lose weight but that is not my ultimate goal. My goal is to look better ( lose my belly and tone up) and feel better with more energy.

Help please. Need motivation and nutrition help.

Replies

• zutier
    zutier Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    same here bud, Army vet at 34, up to 238 now and feel like trash emotionally and physically. if i find any stuff as far as nutrition (going to a dietitian tomorrow) i will keep you posted.
  • jabx1962
    jabx1962 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am older than both of you Veterans, but have similar weight loss goals. I will be glad to offer up on what I have been doing. I am 10 lbs. away from my goal weight. Add me if you want, and look at my Diary. I haven't starved myself, or changed my diet much, I just eat sensible amounts of food, and get off my *kitten* to workout in some manner for at least an hour a day. The most important tool I have bought is a Fitness Band to keep track of everything I do. Also, you have to check in Everyday on MFP...Even if you go on a binge and drink some booze.