Success so Far, down 87 lbs with another 65 lbs to go

Options
2»

Replies

• jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    WOW..you look awesome!! Can I ask your activity schedule and dietary intake? You men always lose the weight so darn fast!! Keep up the amazing work!!!

I work out at least 5 days a week usually 6 days though. I do mostly cardio very little weight training. I used to lift weights all the time in highschool, where I was benching around 300 lbs. I do treadmill, bike rides, wii fit, wii ea active trainer, wii cardio boxing. I find changing it up is a good thing, I usually burn about 400-500 calories a day working out. I have alot of muscle mass under my fat about 180lbs of it according to my scale.

My wife and I are on a modified fast using Optifast meal replacement shakes. We are monitored weekly by a team of doctors and nurses. I have a shake at 7 am, 11 am, 3 am, and then dinner which is regular food. I haven't eaten any processed or starchy carbs since beginning of January, no alcohol since then. It's not for everyone, but it works for us. After exercise I usually have about 500 calories net for the day. A typical food meal for us consists of 6 0z of lean protein, three servings of vegetables, and a fruit. Cutting out the bad carbs at first was difficult and now I don't even think about it.

My plan is to get down 125 lbs and then lose the last 25 on my own.
  • Janeta58
    Janeta58 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You are an inspiration!!:flowerforyou:
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    FANTASTIC!! What an incredible difference! What do you think are the best improvements you've noticed so far? The NSV stuff?

NSV's

When I first started I was a diabetic with a fasting glucose level of 243, as of week 12 my fasting glucose level was 89.

When I started my blood pressure was 146/88 and now it's 109/63

I had to go out and buy new pants

My hips in just my second month went down 10", waist and abdomen 5" each, thighs went down 4"

I can tie my shoes without putting them up on something. as well as in a seated position.

I can cross my legs.

I am wearing clothes that I have never worn that I bought because 10 years ago they were too tight.

I can job for 30 minutes without stopping granted it's not at a fast pace, but don't need to walk anymore.

My wife and I can fit into my old suit, and my new suit that I bought about 5 weeks ago needs to be altered.

I now can wake up at 6 am without my alarm, I sleep better, don't feel groggy in the morning.

I'd go into the TMI stuff, but I am sure not everyone wants to hear about that.
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You look so f'ing good!!!! Wow!! Way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    WOW..you look awesome!! Can I ask your activity schedule and dietary intake? You men always lose the weight so darn fast!! Keep up the amazing work!!!

My wife has lost 75lbs in the same time frame, which is actually percentage wise, bigger than my weight loss. It can be done. Don't get frustrated.
  • CharityAngel
    CharityAngel Posts: 111
    Options
    Fantastic job! Way to go!
  • tiaydew
    tiaydew Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    What a difference! You look great!
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    thank you everyone for the motivational comments. I dont really see a difference when I look in the mirror, in the pics I do and the comments have helped alot as well.
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    I found a sideview photo, but it doesn't really show all of me.

fatsidebelly.jpg
  • stephanie_m
    stephanie_m Posts: 16
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep it up sir!
  • frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    good job dude, keep it up!!
  • maritadanielle
    Options
    Wow, amazing job! You are looking GREAT :smile:
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    you look like a different person! what a superb job you're doing. inspirational.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    wow Fantastic job
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    thanks everyone for your comments, they are very motivating, I appreciate it.
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    That's great!!! You can definitely tell too!! :)
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    AMAZING DUDE! keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!