Need some sautéed veggie help!

Options
2»

Replies

• tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Toss them with some of your favorite salad dressing after you saute them, a little goes a long way (ranch, blue cheese, italian, etc.). Whatever's in the fridge.
  • Yoyo_Fitness
    Yoyo_Fitness Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Fermented black beans are unbelievable - you mix it with some garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, some sake and soy sauce - you can stir fry anything with it, and it is extremely tasty!
  • RoxRocksMySocks
    RoxRocksMySocks Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Cajun seasoning is always delicious
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I like to do thai style and add the following: coconut oil, fresh ginger, fresh jalapeno, sambal oelek, lime juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, white pepper, sesame oil.
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Stick a clove or two of garlic in some olive oil for a few days and then use that (lightly) in your pan. Try topping it with chopped fresh cilantro.
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Amalaytal wrote: »
    Anyone have some ideas on how to spice up my veggies? Mostly peppers, onions and mushrooms is what I need help with, i eat a lot of that combination. I'm trying to cut carbs so veggies have to become my best friend;) thanks MFP ppl!

You can cook the peppers with onions and tomato sause and garlic in the oven and eat them with whole grain bread or make stuffed bell peppers with rice or chickpease , you can also make salads with cucumbers,tomatoes,bell peppers, yellow corn and quinoa.
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle some crumbled feta on your veggies and a drizzle of ranch dressing. Or serve over quinoa with some hummus and olive tapenade.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Amalaytal wrote: »
    Anyone have some ideas on how to spice up my veggies? Mostly peppers, onions and mushrooms is what I need help with, i eat a lot of that combination. I'm trying to cut carbs so veggies have to become my best friend;) thanks MFP ppl!

To that veggie mix I often add anything Mediterranean or Provencal style. Since I live in Mexico, where those mixes are not readily available I make my own using:
    3 tablespoons dried rosemary
    2 tablespoons ground cumin
    2 tablespoons ground coriander
    1 tablespoon dried oregano
    2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1⁄2 teaspoon salt ( real sea salt, not table salt )

A more Greek seasoning:
    1½ tablespoons dried oregano
    1½ teaspoons salt
    1 tablespoon onion powder
    1½ tablespoons garlic powder
    2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper (note: freshly ground black pepper is less volume than non-freshly ground, if using non-freshly ground use half the amount)
    2 teaspoons beef or vegetable bouillon powder
    2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
    1 teaspoon dried thyme
    1½ tablespoons sweet or spicy paprika powder ( but don't overdo the heat...it's not greek )
    ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
    ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg

Instructions
    Combine all the spices and store in a jar. I often double the amounts and grind half to a powder in a spice or coffee grinder to use on chicken an d fish, or a bit in hummus or on Falafel....or my favorite; on baked or steamed potatoes.
    This counts for both mixes

Both mixes are obviously for much more than just one meal.....:o).

I often eat this particular vegetable mix with either of the two seasonings with two poached eggs alone , or on the days when I eat them accompanied by rice, pasta, pearl barley or even more often I eat this dish with freshly made corn tortillas, especially if I add tomatoes in the Israeli Shakshuka style.
  • tnwlkr43
    tnwlkr43 Posts: 57 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    these are all good--I especially love the one to use on Brussels Sprouts
    http://www.urbanaccents.com/Veggie-Seasonings-s/1472.htm
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I like to have 3 scrambled egg whites with my veggies and no-salt seasoning. It's like a mini-meal. Lots of good suggestions here for spicing it up! I would also add that fresh cilantro (or coriander depending on where you are) makes an easy flavor addition as well. I just keep some in a jar of water and snip into my food all the time. :)