181 lbs dieting help and motivation needed please

Options
Hi so ive been logging with my fitness pal for about 3 months now on a 1000 a day diet and ive lost around 2 stone i still need to loose another three to be were i want. im worried 1000 isnt enough as i have read things about it, however in feel full at the end of the day and also how can i loose more any input would be great thanks :)

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    28 pounds in 3 months is an outstanding rate. You should probably be doing around 1-1.5 pounds a week now, so upping your calories will be a good idea (especially as you've been lower than recommended). Add in nuts, oils, dairy, avocados, and other calorie dense foods to help you reach your goal.
  • jadeamitchell
    jadeamitchell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thanks very much i will take this on board!
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Possibly, good news and bad news at once: if you haven't been weighing your food with a food scale, chances are good that you've been eating more than 1000 calories a day. So you're safe from the negative side effects of undereating and most likely getting enough nutrition, but as you get closer to your goal you have much less room for error and may stall because you're eating more than you think.

My suggestion, if you aren't already doing it, is to weigh your food and make sure you're picking the correct entry for your food when you log it. This will ensure that you continue to lose weight to your goal. Also, the closer you get to your goal, the less weight per week you'll be able to lose, and it's better to gradually increase your calories as you get to maintenance weight than to suddenly go from 1000 to maintenance calories (since some people see the increase on the scale when they do that and freak out when it's actually just water weight from the sudden increase in calories).

Good job so far!
  • healthymentality
    healthymentality Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    28 pounds in 3 months is an outstanding rate. You should probably be doing around 1-1.5 pounds a week now, so upping your calories will be a good idea (especially as you've been lower than recommended). Add in nuts, oils, dairy, avocados, and other calorie dense foods to help you reach your goal.
    I agree!!!
  • byrdie2323
    byrdie2323 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow. Great job!! Always try to eat at least 1200 calories though and it will be easier to keep it off the slower you lose the weight. I love this app it worked for me and im still going. Try to add a workout at least 4 times a week with or without a friend and try to make it something fun so you keep up with it, sports, swimming, ect.