Random thoughts _ what's yours?

Options
hollyrayburn
hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Now, I don't actually let these thoughts "get" to me, but sometimes, I find myself wondering/thinking stuff I never thought I would, such as:

1. Is coffee really 0 calories?
2. Does my vape pen I'm using to quit smoking have calories I'm inhaling?
3. I wonder how many calories I burn pooping?
4. I really wish I had my food scale, so I could be sure this is 4 oz from the frozen yogurt place, BEFORE i take it up there to be weighed!
5. I wonder if the party host would be offended if I asked her what kinda food will be there, so I can plan accordingly, or maybe I should just take a protein bar.

Now mind you, I'll never log poop calories lol, IF my vape pen has calories, it's not enough to show for the fact that I'm quitting smoking, I'll never take a scale to a restaurant, nor ask for a menu for a friends party. Haha. Just some odd thoughts that I'm sure go through all of our heads from time to time. :)

What are yours?

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
  • hollyrayburn
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

And why are pants a "pair"?
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Do those Crystal Light stick packets really only have 10 calories... (and how do you really get 2 servings from ONE packet?)

What do you do with the rest? Fold it over and staple it shut do it doesn't spill?

(I use the whole packet at once though) :blush:

• hollyrayburn
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Do those Crystal Light stick packets really only have 10 calories... (and how do you really get 2 servings from ONE packet?)

What do you do with the rest? Fold it over and staple it shut do it doesn't spill?

(I use the whole packet at once though) :blush:

Well a bottle of water is actually 2 servings, since 8oz is a "serving" of water, so yeah, it's 2 servings of crystal light! I used to wonder the same thing!!! :grin:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Now, I don't actually let these thoughts "get" to me, but sometimes, I find myself wondering/thinking stuff I never thought I would, such as:

4. I really wish I had my food scale, so I could be sure this is 4 oz from the frozen yogurt place, BEFORE i take it up there to be weighed!
    5. I wonder if the party host would be offended if I asked her what kinda food will be there, so I can plan accordingly, or maybe I should just take a protein bar.

Now mind you, I'll never log poop calories lol, IF my vape pen has calories, it's not enough to show for the fact that I'm quitting smoking, I'll never take a scale to a restaurant, nor ask for a menu for a friends party. Haha. Just some odd thoughts that I'm sure go through all of our heads from time to time. :)

What are yours?

You can take your yogurt to the register before you put on your toppings and find out how much yogurt you got. :smile:

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

What are yours?

I swear I have each and every one of those thoughts regularly! I'm also using a vapour, been cigarette free for 1 month.

• krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    1. If I eat off of his plate, it doesn't count, right?
    2. I burnt 195 calories .. I can totally round that up to 200.
    3. Two more Thin Mints can't possibly make a difference, can it?
    4. I wonder how many calories I consume just tasting the meals I cook ..
    5. Why do I have my aunt's obesity genes/habits and my cousin has my mom's genes/habits?
    6. WHY???

:p
  • runnrchic
    runnrchic Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have one...can someone please tell me how to calculate homemade almond milk??
  • hollyrayburn
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

What are yours?

You can take your yogurt to the register before you put on your toppings and find out how much yogurt you got. :smile:

Yeah but my lack of ability to eyeball, I'll be like "hey, can I put 2 ounces back?? Lol!! I'll have
    To start small then add yogurt if I need to!
  • hollyrayburn
    Options

What are yours?

I swear I have each and every one of those thoughts regularly! I'm also using a vapour, been cigarette free for 1 month.
    Please tell me it gets easier! Haha, this is day two without a read cig, and I feel a bit on edge!
  • hollyrayburn
    Options
    runnrchic wrote: »

Now that I dunno lol. I use silk unsweetened mostly. But I'd love a recipe! :)
  • hollyrayburn
    Options

1. If I eat off of his plate, it doesn't count, right?
    2. I burnt 195 calories .. I can totally round that up to 200.
    3. Two more Thin Mints can't possibly make a difference, can it?
    4. I wonder how many calories I consume just tasting the meals I cook ..
    5. Why do I have my aunt's obesity genes/habits and my cousin has my mom's genes/habits?
    6. WHY???

:p

"Surely there's no calories in this spoon I just licked the yogurt off of. The fact I weighed my serving makes the spoon not count!"

Oh and j thought of another, since my scale has a water AND milk option to weigh: "which setting do I weigh this darn tomato juice in, it's neither!"
  • Christine_72
    Options

What are yours?

Please tell me it gets easier! Haha, this is day two without a read cig, and I feel a bit on edge!

Do you have the vapouriser one. Or the fake cigarette type?
  • pipesydoodle
    pipesydoodle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    1. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie-pop?
    2. I can totally justify wearing my workout gear to the grocery store. And the mall. And to go see my grandparents.
    3. Can cats be used as dumbbell substitutes?
    4. On a related note, can cats be used as a standard unit of measurement?

(I do not condone using cats as dumbbells they're very smart and fluffy and I love them)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why is this posted in general weight loss instead of chit chat?
  • runnrchic
    runnrchic Posts: 130 Member
    Options

http://www.ohnuts.com/blog/how-to-make-almond-milk-recipe/
    And I'll never go back to store bought. This is too yummy. I read something about subtracting the weight of the pulp from almond calories. I think this will be one of the few entries where I use a random homemade entry from MFP data. I only use it for coffee anyway.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Now I'm wondering about the poop thing...
  • hollyrayburn
    Options

What are yours?

Do you have the vapouriser one. Or the fake cigarette type?

I have the vaporizer one, and got some tasty juices to go with it :)
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Why is this posted in general weight loss instead of chit chat?

Lol, because I am hoping some of the calorie questions or what not can be answered for the pure sake of my sanity! ;)
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I haven't felt like a smoke since starting vaping. It feels like cheating, as to me it's the same as having a smoke, just tastes better. I haven't suffered at all.
    I've tried quitting many times, and have never got past 2 days as I was a depressed, miserable mess!!
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    At least I'm not a gargoyle. If so, with all the water i drink, during the day i would be a fountain.