Water Water! How do you do yours?

Options
I know it is good to drink enough water each day. I am really struggling to get enough, getting tired of plain water, and not sure which water add ins are the best. There are so many available now in the grocery aisles but are they adding sugars and preservatives that I do not want? Feel free to share which kinds are best or tips for consuming enough water each day.
Thanks!

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I stick a cup under the tap and raise it to my mouth. Slightly tip and swallow. Pro tip: if you tip the cup too much it may run down your chin.
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of iced tea. It has also reduced my craving for sweets.
  • Nonya81
    Nonya81 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have a 32oz. water bottle that I fill up multiple times per day. I add lemon juice.
  • paultassy
    paultassy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Ugh I can't make myself drink water either. I wish I could :-\
  • SNOTMONKEY
    SNOTMONKEY Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I add Elete electrolyte add-in to my water. Gives it a little flavor and adds electrolytes.
  • avrae06
    avrae06 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like to add cucumbers to my water it's so refreshing
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    i drink mine's straight, nothing added! It becomes habit after a while, but what is helpful is to drink water when you eat, just with your meals vs. soda/juice. That helps me, because I cannot just chug a bottle of water in one sitting
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    i drink mine's straight, nothing added! It becomes habit after a while, but what is helpful is to drink water when you eat, just with your meals vs. soda/juice. That helps me, because I cannot just chug a bottle of water in one sitting
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    If it's a workout day I naturally drink enough because I need it. I drink like 4 cups of tea at night too. As long as my pee is very light I assume it's enough.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've got a gallon jug of water in the fridge and refill it as needed for easy access to cold water. You can try those ten calorie drink pouches if you need some flavor. Tea and coffee are also good
  • nrogersfitandfab
    nrogersfitandfab Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks mfp pals! Aprillu I think that is great idea! landfish I love sweet iced tea but watching my sugar intake so it is a occasional treat, and paultassy dont give up, We can do this! and snotmo, i will look for Elete at least for fitness class. and ncb ty for the comic relief.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'll put lemon or lime slices in my water. Cucumber sounds wonderful too!
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea. That helps. I try and drink one bottle of water 500 ml before each meal. That's one way to get it in. Once you build a habit of it, you won't notice it anymore and it's great. Getting that habit built is hard.
  • michelle3or
    michelle3or Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a lot of soda. I trained myself to like sparkling water and now buy it by the case when it's on sale at Costco. When I need a change I squirt lime or lemon juice into it.
  • AlisonKTrader
    AlisonKTrader Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I do sparkling water as well. I tend to do lime or lemon flavors to stop the boring water flavor. Also, if you do sparkling water its a good idea to check the label for artificial sweetners and sodium. My favorite brands are Perrier (expensive :neutral_face: ) and Arrowhead. Good luck finding what works for you!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I like seltzer water.
  • tmorm
    tmorm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I carry a 750ml bottle with me everywhere I go, and refill it as I need, sometimes around 6-8 times a day.
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I use crystallized lemon. It comes in little packets like a pink or blue sweetener so I can carry it in my backpack or purse for whenever I refill my cup. Much easier than using real lemon slices when I am on the go. Not very many stores carry it, but the ones that do, have it in the sugar or baking aisle.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    I stick a cup under the tap and raise it to my mouth. Slightly tip and swallow.

lol. same here - several times a day

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I keep a water bottle by my bedside and another at work. I start with a tea in the morning. I fight boredom so if straight water is boring me I add a spritz of Mio or lemon juice. I also like Biosteel because it is pink so is pretty well guaranteed to horrify my daughter.

https://www.biosteel.com/en/