Saturday/Sunday Major Overating? Pissed Off With Myself? Arrghhh!!!

Options
So I've been eating well for a month, got back to my weight I wast before Christmas lol and just on friday my nephew was born. I've been so happy and overwhelmed that I've been eating all sorts of crap, Chips, Chocolate, lollies, 3 pieces of homemade vegetarian pizza, chocolate milk, popcorn...just lots of junk food. Not so much high dense fatty foods, just sugary *kitten* bad stuff.

I'm too scared to hop on the scale and don't really care too, but In your individual experience how has a weekend of over-eating affected you? I hope that my body forgives me and get's on with it lol.

Thank you

Replies

• ridme
    ridme Posts: 1
    Options
    I tend to gain maybe 3 lbs if I eat more than usual/bad foods.... And 2 come right back off in a day or two (water retention usually). Just get back on track, no biggie. If you ate like that for a couple weeks you'd see a noticeable gain, but not from two bad days. I always focus on getting back on track and just move on. It doesn't affect me in the long run as long as it doesn't happen too often :)
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I overate (a lot) for 2 days on St Patrick's day, with salty corned beef, too. I was up 4 lbs and it's gone after two days of being very tight with staying in goal and drinking lots of water. Sometimes, I don't weight myself for a few days while recuperating. I bet you are fine!
  • SiennaL
    SiennaL Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you both very much, much relived :)
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up!! It happens to the best of us lol! If you are concerned about your weigh in, id postpone for a few days! A few days of overeating can make me fluctuate anywhere between 1-7 lbs, its crazy!
  • littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't beat yourself about it. I know from my own personal experience that just makes me want to give up. So, sometimes I'll take an extra walk or do some kind of aerobics at home if I can. Makes me feel much better.
  • melanie_a_h
    melanie_a_h Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot the past few days as well! On the weekends tend to be my hardest since my hubby is home from work and we enjoy going out and doing things. Luckily it does seem that those few pounds put on during a really bad binge come off with some hard work and clean eating in a few days :). We are all human and have our indulgences :)
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Just get straight back onto being healthy!! Don't weigh yourself as it'll only depress and you ... plus chances are it'd be mainly water weight anyways as oppose to actual fat! So just have a few days of being extra healthy and drink lots of water and you'll be fine .... We all over indulge sometimes, it won't kill you once in a while x
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I plan my weekends as well. Sunday I know I will eat dessert so I plan for it. I eat a bit lighter through the week and then I can indulge in one serving of really good dessert once a week. :)

For you?

Just forget it and get back on track. Don't say: "well I messed up already might as well mess up the rest of the week too." NO! Get back on the wagon with your very next meal.