Frustrated with unbearable sweet cravings.

Options
The sweet cravings for the past two days are just more than I can handle! I've been good but it has been SO HARD! I'll have an apple but that doesn't satisfy, neither do grapes or any other fruit. It's like my body is wanting something with refined sugar! I wouldn't go so far as saying a candy bar because at this point a candy bar would be TOO sweet. Just maybe something like a few oatmeal raisin cookies. I'm afraid I won't be able to stop at just a few though. I've been off that stuff for so long it's like an addict having "just a little" heroin. I'm already frustrated with my slow weight loss but try not to be since I'm also doing crossfit so I know I'm building heavy muscle. I just don't know how I can keep from binge eating Little Debbie's much longer :(

Replies

• silveru214
    silveru214 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Allow yourself to have a cheat but not a FAIL. I have such a hard time stopping at just a little treat but I will eventually get there. Maybe try planning it out and fill up on a lot of water and healthy foods beforehand so you don't have the room to overdo it even if you wanted to. Not sure if that would work but either way just keep fighting through each day to reach your goals and remember you're stronger than you think! Sorry if I was no help but wanted to at least say hi and wish you the best!
  • paultassy
    paultassy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    silveru214 wrote: »
    Allow yourself to have a cheat but not a FAIL. I have such a hard time stopping at just a little treat but I will eventually get there. Maybe try planning it out and fill up on a lot of water and healthy foods beforehand so you don't have the room to overdo it even if you wanted to. Not sure if that would work but either way just keep fighting through each day to reach your goals and remember you're stronger than you think! Sorry if I was no help but wanted to at least say hi and wish you the best!
    Thank you!!!! I have to remember that nothing tastes as good as thin feels. It's a daily struggle but some days areuch worse than others. I blame PMS.
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Ugh its so hard. I also blame PMS sometimes. I like sugar free gum or simply just divulging in a little bit of said craving and keeping it to a minimum. Its such a struggle. I feel your pain!
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    When I get a serious sweets craving, I have 2-3 chocolate chips. They are tiny and barely any calories, and totally fill the craving! Maybe having something "too sweet" like that would kick it to the curb and turn you off it for a while?
  • Greatgrace123
    Greatgrace123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When I get a serious sweets craving, I have 2-3 chocolate chips. They are tiny and barely any calories, and totally fill the craving! Maybe having something "too sweet" like that would kick it to the curb and turn you off it for a while?

I just eat an apple bc it is still sweet but if is also a fruit. :):D:p
  • paultassy
    Options
    Ugh its so hard. I also blame PMS sometimes. I like sugar free gum or simply just divulging in a little bit of said craving and keeping it to a minimum. Its such a struggle. I feel your pain!
    Thanks! I'm not alone! But I am very proud of myself when I resist. I'm just afraid depriving myselfay be detrimental in the long run
  • paultassy
    Options

Good idea! Very good idea!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    You're not failing if you have a Little Debbie (or 8) or a candy bar. One thing that's helped me is asking myself "Am I going to live the next 40 years without a sweet (donut in my case)?" The answer is no (again, for me), so I do my best to incorporate sweets into my day. Is there a particular reason you've cut them out?
  • paultassy
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    You're not failing if you have a Little Debbie (or 8) or a candy bar. One thing that's helped me is asking myself "Am I going to live the next 40 years without a sweet (donut in my case)?" The answer is no (again, for me), so I do my best to incorporate sweets into my day. Is there a particular reason you've cut them out?
    I've cut them out because I've been clean eating as part of the crossfit program I've been on. I'm not perfect with the clean eating but I do pretty darn good. I'd like to cut out processed stuff altogether eventually. Maybe an occasional splurge is ok, I'm just afraid if will be like an alcoholic falling off the wagon and start me on a downward spiral towards where I was when I began.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

^^This. I eat sweets daily for exactly this reason. Cutting them out completely leads to failure for me. It's better to incorporate a serving of them into your daily calories. For me, this stopped the cycle of binging that I always used to fall into when I was trying to lose weight. Restriction just doesn't work.

• Cherona37
    Cherona37 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I do so good on my diet for a few days & then I have my cheat moment & feel so bad after & get discouraged. My husband just walked in the door with some leftover ice cream cake from a party (which just happens to be my favourite kind). I'm soooo tempted & am already discouraged from my lack of willpower. I was thinking of having a small piece but then I know I won't stop if I start. Why is this so hard!!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I have a tiny bit of chocolate every day for this reason. Otherwise, I'll obsess in the way that you seem to be doing at the moment. It's okay to have what you're craving. Be mindful. Enjoy it, and then stop.

Personally, I would make some oatmeal cookies like you mentioned, with all ingredients you're comfortable with. All measured and logged correctly. You could make a whole batch and eat a few and freeze the rest for next time!
  • meljustcole
    meljustcole Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My go to is 1 cup frozen mixed berries, 3/4c. fat free half 'n half, and 2 packets of Stevia. Put all ingredients in a powerful blender (I use a Ninja) and puree till it's like soft ice cream!!!! It makes a HUGE bowlful and it satisfies the ice cream devil that lives on my shoulder. If I have room in my macros I'll add a Luna bar or 15g of choc. chips!!!!!!