Why do things taste better with cheese?

Options
So after a stress fueled bread and everything-with-cheese fiesta, I find myself having gained another 4 kilos. What did I do after I found out how much I gained? Why, I panicked, ate a bag of chips and then felt guilty (of course).

That was yesterday. Today I have set some small, healthy goals for the week and am looking forward to becoming part of this community to help keep me on track.

Hello folks. :)

Replies

• merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Things taste better with cheese b/c cheese is delicious, lol!
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I find that if I put low fat cottage cheese on my baked potatoes I don't crave cheese so much because I'm getting it. Also, try low moisture part skim fresh mozzarella.
  • sierracanbe
    sierracanbe Posts: 60
    Options
    Things taste better with cheese b/c cheese is delicious, lol!

iknowright!!
  • jeverna
    jeverna Posts: 4
    Options
    You sound just like me! I do that all the time.
  • AprilHead
    AprilHead Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh duuuude I could use a piece of cheese right about now!
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    It's because of the microscopic worms you find in most of the western varieties of cheese. They are from the Nematoda family and they enter your blood stream through the thin membranes in your mouth and find their way to the brain where they bore into the Amygdala which helps regulate emotions and kind of sends it into a slightly higher than normal state of activity. Women in particular are prone to the effects because of their stronger tie between emotion and memory. Think back to the really good times in your life and you will probably see that you had each cheese within 24 hours of the event, and likewise with the really traumatic memories. There is a slight danger from eating cheese, because it in effect can render your amygdala inactive causing sweeping mood changes about once a month, until it causes complete emotional chaos by the time you reach middle age.

It's all in the cheese...

This video kind of touches on the subject, but a lot of it is correlative data..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
  • iStace2000
    iStace2000 Posts: 42
    Options
    I may have perhaps unwittingly began a major board-wise cheese craving... Doh!
  • Yelrut
    Yelrut Posts: 7
    Options
    I agree - cheese makes almost everything taste better. We are a big cheesy family and it is hard to avoid. I miss it a lot!
  • iStace2000
    Options
    It's because of the microscopic worms you find in most of the western varieties of cheese.

This video kind of touches on the subject, but a lot of it is correlative data..

Ah yes, it all makes so much sense now. My roundness is due to cheese worms, chocolate mites and beer larvae - not my poor willpower!
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    It's because of the microscopic worms you find in most of the western varieties of cheese.

Ah yes, it all makes so much sense now. My roundness is due to cheese worms, chocolate mites and beer larvae - not my poor willpower!

That's nothing, have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation?
  • kristidann
    kristidann Posts: 42
    Options
    Honey, everything tastes better with cheese lmbo! I've banned velveeta from the house!
  • Sheepdoglady
    Options
    Do they do "Drontol Plus" in cheese flavour? I could kill 2 birds with one stone then!
  • 1araB
    1araB Posts: 1
    Options
    tell me about it. If there is no cheese in my house everyone goes crazy
  • garysbrew
    garysbrew Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • garysbrew
    garysbrew Posts: 6 Member
    Options

See, it's not your fault...
  • iStace2000
    Options
    See, it's not your fault...

You're too kind (it really is my fault though).

Kristidann - I have also taken a stand and banned cheese from the house! No more delicious blue cheese for me!
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Cheese is delicious and actually very healthy. Such a shame it's also fatty
  • BratNellie
    BratNellie Posts: 19
    Options
    I am from Wisconsin (yes a cheesehead) I Love Cheese, I believe Cheese Fest is just around the corner.
  • PeteyRunsNow
    PeteyRunsNow Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm cheese!