how do I stay on track, when having a discouraging day

Options
:frown: I'm always setting myseelf up to fail, everytime I get depressed,I eat (BAD) food

Replies

• SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a bad day, but you can't let that derail your fitness / eating for the rest of the week. Make a promise to yourself to start tomorrow as a new chance to change your life for the better, and don't break that promise. You may need to reevaluate your committment to the change your making and figure out if it's really what you want.
  • vfc4264
    vfc4264 Posts: 2
    Options
    :flowerforyou: think of a food taste the food and see is it worth it in the morning
    :grumble:
  • vfc4264
    vfc4264 Posts: 2
    Options
    we all do we are here for eachother
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be honest here and say that I have terrible days sometimes, and i do eat for emotional reasons. I am trying my hardest to change my habits, and i have changed a lots but there are days where i fall of the wagon and it hits me in the butt.
    But if you do have a bad day, dont let it turn into a week. Pick up straight where you left off and dont give up.
    What really helps me is if i think about it more logically as opposed to emotionally. There are 3,500 calories in a pound. Did i eat 3,500 calories OVER my BMR. Hell no! So should i let a measly weight gain de-rail me and give up? HELL NO!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,629 Member
    Options
    First is mind set and learning. You figure out that each day is new and a chance to "do over". You learn from yesterdays challenges. You turn to us for support! We all have bad days, weeks, etc. We keep bolstering each other up! You can do this!
  • jsonnett02
    jsonnett02 Posts: 110
    Options
    I had the same kind of day today. Set myself up for failure time after time again!

I decided to just let it go, tomorrow is a new day and we can get back on track to our goals!!!! Just let it go, get a good sleep and start a new tomorrow :flowerforyou:
  • notOpel
    notOpel Posts: 46
    Options
    Rather than reaching for unhealthy comfort food try treating yourself to something healthy you wouldn't usually eat or try out new "exotic" types of food. For example, go out for sushi (not the fried stuff... not all sushi is created equally!) or look for healthy alternative snacks, like low-cal popcorn or dried fruits. Most importantly, don't get too down on yourself and let it deter you from your health goals. Even if you do end up slipping, keep a positive mind and tell yourself your going to do better and work extra hard in the future. We are tougher than any bad day! Keep your chin up, beautiful! :flowerforyou:
  • AprilHead
    AprilHead Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    There's no better cure for food guilt than exercise!