Insanity Workout

Options
Just wondering if anyone has done the Insanity DVD's or is currently doing them. I have them but only did it for a short time before joint MFP but thinking about starting it again once I get over this nasty sinus/chest infection.

Replies

• doogatron
    doogatron Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do it. Great workout but you have to stick with it and follow it through to the end
  • woodybush
    woodybush Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am starting one today. 60 days I think it is. I am excited and scared lol
  • Cherona37
    Cherona37 Posts: 52 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    How is the insanity workout going? I'm feeling better & thinking of starting soon...I'm scared of it too!
  • weeplin
    weeplin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it. On day 10, having loads of fun with it and I can feel my fitness level improving but I'm not losing much weight. I think I'm doing something wrong with the nutrition side of it though.
  • EbbonyM
    EbbonyM Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I want to start again, but I've lost my calendar :\
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I will be starting it again in a week or so once I'm done my current program and take a week off in between. I loved it last time around but had to stop after week 3 and finding out I was expecting baby number 3 and couldn't do anything so intense workout wise. From what I remember it was awesome, I can't wait to get back to it again and finish the whole thing!
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to start it in two weeks, after I run my 10 mile race. I've never stuck with it but this time I have motivation...my Bermuda cruise in June where hubby and I are renewing our vows :smiley:
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    EbbonyM wrote: »

Here you go.

http://insanityworkoutcalendars.com/insanity-workout-calendar/

I've done the program twice through and still do the workouts a couple times a week. I've found it great for building endurance. It does make you pretty hungry though, which makes it easy to overeat afterwards.
  • ericola
    ericola Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Im on day 12 and can already feel the difference :) u should definitely get back on it. You do need to follow the follow plan tho where u eat 5 times a day and stick with tge suggested meals for the
    best impact oh and make sure u drink ur recovery formula too, it really helps. Exhausting but so worthwhile :)
  • ericola
    ericola Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    weeplin wrote: »
    I'm doing it. On day 10, having loads of fun with it and I can feel my fitness level improving but I'm not losing much weight. I think I'm doing something wrong with the nutrition side of it though.

Follow tge insanity nutrition meal guide, it really works ;)
  • KatsuNinja
    KatsuNinja Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for the first time... 1 week left before the end!! It's great, I lost 10% of my body weight (which I'm sure was fat!). I'm not following their food plan, but just eating healthier and less. I'm going on holiday after the workout, but when I'm back I'm going to do it again, and be amazed at the results :) Feel free to add me on MFP for some Insane support ;)
  • KatsuNinja
    KatsuNinja Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    weeplin wrote: »

It's normal not to lose weight straight away - the workouts will make you build muscle, which is heavier than fat. It is better to measure progress by counting inches rather than pounds!

• lapetiteguimauve
    lapetiteguimauve Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5 weeks down with the Insanity workout. Right now I have one more day left of Core Cardio and Balance. So far I've lost 15 lbs and 3 inches off my waist and 2.5 inches off my hip and 1 inch off my both my thighs and calves. I also started training with a kettlebell a week ago to strengthen my core and put on some muscle. I'm doing Sarah Lurie's Ironcore series and I've been able to double my reps within a week of training with good form, so that's huge gains, and I use an 18 lb kettlebell. Feel free to ask any questions about Insanity.
  • SALSACHICA1
    SALSACHICA1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    EbbonyM wrote: »

You can download calendar at website, I have done it several times (on and off)
  • naillij77
    Options
    I'm on day 16 of Insanity and loving it! I haven't lost any weight yet but strength and endurance have improved. Can't wait to see the next Fit Test results
  • Kastor459
    Kastor459 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My advice? Don't do insanity because insanity workouts speed aging and shorten lifespan. I would recommend burning 200-300 calories to start because than your metabolism kicks in and burns more alone afterwards

Oh please. All kinds of things in this world shorten your lifespan. No one listen to this. Insanity will get you in great shape. At the very least finish it once, then just get on a more reasonable exercise plan and continue to eat healthy.
  • Cherona37
    Options
    I'm planning to start it in two weeks, after I run my 10 mile race. I've never stuck with it but this time I have motivation...my Bermuda cruise in June where hubby and I are renewing our vows :smiley:

That's really great!! We're going away also this summer so that will be my motivation...hope so anyways!
  • Sapphire_Elf
    Sapphire_Elf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My OH and are are half way through week 3 :) We did our second fit tests on Friday and have improved on all the exercises, though I did have to lay sprawled on the floor for a while afterwards gasping for breath!

In terms of weight/inch loss, it's odd - my stomach feels flatter, and tighter etc etc, but according to the scales there's been very little weight loss and neither have any of my measurements changed (not even a teeny bit). Hey ho - I feel better anyway and am enjoying it though so I will keep going. I'm hoping that it will really kick in during month 2.....

I have also noticed that I am much hungier than usual. I have allowed myself 1600 cals a day which should cover me for Insanity but still leave a deficit - I do however also cycle 6 miles a day and so I am eating those calories back -10% so I hope it will do some good!!

Dig deeper LOLOL!!!
  • Cherona37
    Options
    I did resume my old workout routine after a few weeks of doing Insanity. I didn't lose hardly any weight but did find myself toning up but I felt bulky. I'm sure overall my fitness level definitely improved but I want to lose the fat not to be really muscular.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I've told many this, mainly from lots of experience in Insanity..........study the form and master the form, then gradually push for speed.
    If you go in only trying to match the speed of Shaun T and his class step-for-step, you run the potential of sacrificing your form and injuring yourself or creating strain and pain in your ankles, knees and lower back.

Modify, modify, modify until you got it right, and then ramp it up.