Who wants to help me lose weight?!

Options
So I'm 11 weeks post partum and still have 17lbs to shed. I calorie count properly by weighing each ingredient, and I'm highly active, and exercise 6 days a week with high intensity. Yet I still can't shift the pounds! What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• ShSho08
    ShSho08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert by any means but I would try to change things up...your body may be doing the same thing over and over. Our bodies are very smart so we have to trick it by during something different. Example, if you run try swimming, or running up/down stairs or yoga, just do something different. Maybe change your eating just to confuse your body a little more then once you notice a change go back to your usual routine. Hope it helps but be safe...little mommy.
  • drgeorik
    drgeorik Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi , loosing weight is not something easy and at the same time is not difficult .. But loosing so many Lbs in a short time is not recommended.
    In your case you are not loosing weight maybe because body is transforming your body fat to muscles cause you exercise regularly so you wouldn't notice it right away ... But you may already noticed some changes in your body shape .. Is becoming for muscular , that is what happened to me when I start to loose weight and working out at the same time. I recommend that you keep going and maybe try to switch from some carbo to protein on your diet and you will achieve your goal.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    So I'm 11 weeks post partum and still have 17lbs to shed. I calorie count properly by weighing each ingredient, and I'm highly active, and exercise 6 days a week with high intensity. Yet I still can't shift the pounds! What am I doing wrong?

I can help you by stealing all of your food and chasing you every where with a big stick so you run a lot?

If you're not losing weight, the usual reason for this is you're eating more than you need to. But I don't know how much you're eating and I am no nutritionist so I can't say for sure you should be eating less. You need to open up your diary to public viewing if you want proper advice on here.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it's all about what you eat, not about exercising or switching it up, or HIIT or strength or cardio.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    it's all about what you eat, not about exercising or switching it up, or HIIT or strength or cardio.

So exercise has nothing to do with weight loss?
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Oh God, I feel a 'clean eating' debate coming up.
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It is hard to know without seeing your diary. I would say that it is more likely you are eating to many calories. Having your diary open will help determine what your problem is.
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    how much did you gain? And are you breastfeeding? It took me 4 months to lose 20 kg out of the 17 kg
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »

So exercise has nothing to do with weight loss?

it doesn't have as much as people think it does.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    Oh God, I feel a 'clean eating' debate coming up.

i had pizza and red wine for dinner last night. you won't see me on either side of a 'clean eating' debate.