Hi, I am 50...

Options
and it seems getting tougher to lose weight and with a slow metabolism, I am finding it more and more difficult. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• bonnievd23
    Options
    Perseverance and small goals and of course increasing the exercise.
  • ShSho08
    ShSho08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice and support.
  • jules40s
    jules40s Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm having the same problem after years of thinking I was dieting with no results, time to watch calories, nutritional guide to a tee and make sure 8 glasses of water, and 30 min brisk walk, if I skip one thing I don't succeed. Frustrated but determined and never give up no matter what. I look at photos of me big and small and realise I have rewards waiting when I get to my goal. Lost before but put all back on so now loose again but very hard as we get older. No room for mistakes when you've got a slow matabilism! Good luck You CAN do it
  • washbellymare
    washbellymare Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm 51. Back on track again, 228 today. I joined my sisters and bougt a fitbit one. Its amazing how tracking my exercise is encouraging me to do more, i suggesr you get one soon and wear it , its so fun ." )
  • ccam99
    ccam99 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing is watching how much you eat. To me that's also harder then getting in some exercise. Try to eat good for atleast 80% of the time and get regular workouts. Strength training is excellent at weight loss and helping to burn calories longer so if you can do this try for 3 times a week and add some cardio as well. I do 3 days weights and 1 day cardio, splitting the days between the weights as I do full body each time. Calories in though is the biggest thing for losing weight especially at this age (and your midsection).
  • ShSho08
    ShSho08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, y'all are amazing and I sincerely appreciate your advice and support...I look forward to our success together. :D