Working on losing 50lbs by summer.Who is with me?

Options
Looking for some motivation, from serious people who wanna lose.And. help eachother alongb yhr way

Replies

• TISHkidneytransplant28
    Options
    50lbs by summer would be great! but I tend to focus on smaller goals at a time. Like right now I'm going for 20lbs by the end of summer. If I lose more great! What are your thoughts on this way of thinking?
  • annvalerio
    annvalerio Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think your thoughts might be more realistic.
  • annvalerio
    Options
    I was on so ma ny steroids recently and gainef 20 lbs over the year..ugh
  • sevenofnine01
    sevenofnine01 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'll join you. I'd love to be in the 150's by the summer.

I like making lofty goals - even if I don't quite get there, it tends to motivate me more.
  • annvalerio
    Options
    Ok lets do it..track what we do everyday..ee can do this
  • sevenofnine01
    sevenofnine01 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Deal! I'll have to actually weigh myself tomorrow. Eekkk.....
  • SpicyBaconCake
    SpicyBaconCake Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    First day of spring (yesterday) to first day of summer (June 21st) = 92 days or 13 weeks. I'll join ya for 25lbs!
    I have like 60 total to go
  • Fat_Guy_wit_Muscles
    Options
    I'm down
  • soo4real
    soo4real Posts: 6
    Options
    I want in on this too!!
  • FITM0M30
    FITM0M30 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal was 30lbs by October but I could use the extra push.
  • MaryM1024
    MaryM1024 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in.... After my daughter was born, i was put on heavy doses of injectable steroid from my back, neck, & bilateral wrists.... My daughter is 3 & I still have the baby weight.... so let's do this! :D
  • mckess
    mckess Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    But summer is like 3 months away tho. Or are we talking summer of 2016?
  • seantheking87
    seantheking87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    50lbs by summer is pretty much my goal so count me in :) currently 253 (down from 267 in 6 weeks) original plan was to lose it before I start college mid august
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I know there's no way in hell I could (or would) want to lose 50 more pounds. HOWEVER, I would like to hit my ultimate goal weight by summertime. I've been losing weight since May of 2014 and I am 42 pounds down. It'd be nice to hit my 50 by May or June of this summer!

Slow and steady wins the race. For some people, they can drop extraordinary amounts of weight in no time. But personally, it's not for me. I lost my first 20 lbs in 3 months from doing C25k. Good luck, guys!
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    But summer is like 3 months away tho. Or are we talking summer of 2016?

I was thinking the same thing, brother. It'd be more realistic for a lot of us to lose weight, slowly but safely, and have a better chance of maintaining said loss. It's taken me about a year to lose 40 pounds! But, there could be someone out there who proves me wrong. If it happens, congrats to the lucky duck who losses all that weight in a short time!
  • patnguyen34
    patnguyen34 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    fat guy trying to get fit. looking for support and encouragement along the way in exchange for ice cream.
  • nyjpeterson
    nyjpeterson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • MirryhaD
    MirryhaD Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im in!
  • tbaycandy
    tbaycandy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to loose 30 by August 22/15- My daughters wedding. I am new to this, so not sure how this works.... do I just check in here every day ????