Coconut Oil

Options
What are your views on this? Is it really an amazing fruit with wonderful slimming qualities hidden in its oil? Would love to know if this is truly an awesome way to lose weight?

Replies

• sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    no it is not.
  • garykelliher78
    Options
    I cook with it and find its a healthy way to cook your food with.. It's good for bad skin too
  • ValleySimTech
    ValleySimTech Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It is a healthier to cook with that canola or vegetable oil (I prefer olive oil myself) but I doubt it has any more slimming qualities than any other oil. A lot of people enjoy the subtle taste it adds to food as well.
  • tagakg
    tagakg Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I swear by coconut oil. Granted I haven't eaten it in a while because I've stored it in bathroom during pregnancy, oil pulling etc. It's loaded w the healthy fats that your body thrives on and has antiviral, antibiotic, and anti fungal properties. Try a scoop in coffee or tea, you can sneak it into many foods or just swallow a spoonful. It's great for digestion as well, which is where we can store hidden weight, in our digestional tract. Give it a try
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    That is not how weight loss happens. If you want to lose weight and slim down, you have to eat in a calorie deficit.
  • jglaser0117
    Options
    I actually am doing the coconut oil thing in my coffee every morning. Actually my doctor suggested it. I find that it has defiantly helped with my weight loss. However I am eating correctly and exercising as well. The main thing I have noticed from the oil is that it stomps out cravings and it makes it to where I don't eat as much. I feel full and do not over eat. I put it in my coffee in the AM and feel full pretty much all day. My doctor wants me to take 3 tbls a day but I only do about 1 and a half a day. It works I'm defiantly seeing results!