New user ): needs motivation

Options
hey guys so I'm new to this my name is jenn (:
I'm currently a senior in high school and im about to graduate.
My profile picture is of me my junior year in the fall.
As you know being in high school there
Prom comming up and graduation.
I'm Asian and you know the stereo type: small short and petite
Well I'm nothing like that I'm 5'7 and I'm not sure how much I weigh im scared to step on the scale. I'm assume around 230. Even though I've been told I don't look over 180...I have a flatter tummy than most overweight people...thick I guess you can say...but I want to be smaller...I want to weight 115 even though I know forbmy body type the doctor says it's not possible due to my height and frame size. But I still want to...haha...I hope that I can get down to where I can wear a bathing suit and not have to worry about my thighs....I will be pitting progress pics

Replies

• camarand
    camarand Posts: 21
    Options
    welcome! this is a great website and u will accomplish ur goal! u just have to believe
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    This fitness program works. Stick with it and enjoy it.

I'm sure you'll do just fine.
  • KristineAG
    KristineAG Posts: 36
    Options
    Welcome! I'm pretty new too. I've only been on here for a couple of weeks but I'm really loving it. Everyone here is so positive and supportive. I think you'll find the motivation and support you need here. Good luck with reaching your goals. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. :o)
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    First step is to know what you weigh and aim for a reasonable goal. If you aim lower than the doctor says is possible that is probably not a good idea. Not to disappoint you, but we don't want you getting underweight, that's just as unhealthy as overweight! Aim to be HEALTHY. That's the only place where you'll be truly happy :)
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Be careful to stay healthy. It's not worth it if "skinny" means doing harm to yourself.
  • Jessk63
    Jessk63 Posts: 51
    Options
    Best of luck....im sure you'll do great!
  • freyalillie
    freyalillie Posts: 10
    Options
    Good luck, you'll do good I bet!

The first step, however, is to step on that scale. Be brave; I'm sure you'll be fine!
  • naomik23
    naomik23 Posts: 4
    Options
    Good luck to every1 we all need it im a new user as well!! Hope it works
  • AprilHead
    AprilHead Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    115 for 5'7 is dangerous, pleeeease opt for at least 125 -130. You'll still have the skinny waif look, but you wont be starving yourself and you'll be able to think more clearly. :) Good luck!