when did you drop a clothes size?

Options
I started trying to lose weight in January. since then I've lost 19lb and at the last measurement (two weeks ago) 4-8cm on every measurement. But my clothes are not fitting any differently. Jeans that were tight are still tight, tops that used to gape still gape (despite my feeling like I need to hold a funeral for the 'twins')

How much weight loss did you see before you finally dropped your first dress size??

Replies

• karenjpowell
    karenjpowell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've lost 23 pds and still hav
    en't dropped a size. My clothes are feeling bigger..but when I tried on the next size down...they were too tight. It's a bit discouraging! I'd love to find out the same answer!
  • mearsy88
    mearsy88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've experienced the same thing! Ive lost 33lbs but am still wearing the same clothes and cannot fit into the next size down (well I can nearly but its a bit tight!). My clothes are starting to feel alot more comfortable so the only thing that I can think of is I was wearing the wrong sized clothing in the first place. Maybe I should of been wearing a size bigger before (and I just didnt want to admit to myself I was bigger) So in reality I have gone down a size, Ive just been wearing it the whole time!
    Dont give up! you can do this!!!! Remember everyone is different!
  • iheartdinosaurs
    iheartdinosaurs Posts: 45 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've lost 35-40 pounds and am still wearing the same US 16-18 sized clothes (CW:209ish). Shouldn't be surprising, as I only really went up "1" dress size when I gained 50 pounds (comfortable 14-16 to 16-18), so I'm not expecting any major clothing changes until I get closer to goal. I agree with the previous posters - I was probably wearing too-small clothes at my SW, and I do feel things are getting SLIGHTLY looser. I just have to continue being happy that the weight is going doing, even if it's going from places (like my neck, ankles, hands, etc) that don't completely affect clothing size :wink: Eventually everything has to shrink, at least a bit!
  • rtheyallyours
    Options
    Sometimes we lose more of the stomach fat first (which is good since that is very unhealthy fat). The downside is your clothes basically fit the same a lot longer. I
    'Be found looking in the mirror at my "Winnie the pooh" belly getting smaller helps a little, lol
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the above! I've lost 20lbs and haven't dropped a size yet, clothes don't feel too different but that's because I live in leggings and elasticated tunic tops from catalogues which I think are more generous! Going window shopping in a couple of weeks to see where i am in high street clothes.
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    For me about a stone. I noticed then I dropped from a UK 14 to a 12, that was the start.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I didn't drop a size until I lost 40 lb. I have lost 97 lb so far and have gone down 3 sizes on top but 4 sizes on the bottom. (The "girls" don't want to lose their fat. I have gone down 3 band sizes in my bras but UP 2 cup sizes)